1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

EX 500 For Sale

Discussion in 'WERA Vintage' started by Kyle602, Apr 13, 2023.

1. Kyle602

Kyle602 Well-Known Member

Thinking it's time to sell the old EX500, asking $2500.
    2 good running stock motors.
    1 540 motor that needs attention.
    CR Racing carbs.
    Total loss ignition with lightened flywheel.
    4.25" widened rear wheel.
    Racetech emulators and springs.
    Fox rear shock.
    D&D exhaust.
    SV 650 front brake caliper.
    2 spare stock wheels.
    1 spare rear wheel widened to 5.5"
    Many spare sprockets etc...
    Currently has stock motor installed that I pulled from an 04 street bike that I parted out, the other stock motor was installed prior to this swap and was running just fine without any issues. Just put the 04 motor in since it may be a little more fresh but both stock motors are running fine.
    Just needs fresh tires and maybe a brake fluid flush (been sitting a while) and it should be ready for the track.
    I purchased this bike from Doug Reese a while back, it belonged to Chris Stevenson prior to him owning it so the bike has seen plenty of track time and wins.
    I stripped the bike down to nuts and bolts, cleaned and repainted frame, body work etc. when I first got it. Still looks pretty good for what it is.
    Located in Tallahassee Florida.

Attached Files:

Esquilito and Killswitch like this.
  2. dave3593

dave3593 What I know about opera I learned from Bugs Bunny

Can you still get parts for the 540 engine?

3. Kyle602

4. Kyle602

Price drop, asking $2200, incudes transponder and mini xt lap timer.

5. Eric Bowman

Eric Bowman New Member

Hi . I was wondering if the flat slides make much of a difference over stock ?

6. Kyle602

These are the CR racing round slides.
    It's a definite improvement over stock. The lightened flywheel helps with response as well.., for a stock motor set up it runs really good. I've turned better times with the stock motor than I did with the 540.

7. Eric Bowman

Eric Bowman New Member

8. Eric Bowman

Eric Bowman New Member

Ok thanks!! I’m currently in Iraq for work and will not be back until 1st of July so if you haven’t sold it I will reach out then .

9. Kyle602

Price drop $1900 need room in the garage!

10. Kyle602

Price drop $1700 obo, this bike needs to be back on the track and enjoyed by someone and I need the space.

11. Kyle602

Price drop $1500 obo, new float needles and gaskets, brakes flushed. Just needs fresh tires and a rider.

joec likes this.
  12. CharlieY

CharlieY Well-Known Member

Alot of fun for the money right there.

13. thunderalley3

thunderalley3 Well-Known Member

Kyle,
    If I did not already have two of them sitting in my garage I would be all over it. That is a great deal for someone to get on the grid.
    I wish I had those carbs, one of mine is a mild build and I am sure they would help it out a little.
    I will be in New England next weekend and they are popular in the club there, I will noise it around for you.

14. Kyle602

Much appreciated!
    I'm torn on whether or not to keep it at this point, but trying to make room and need to get rid of a street bike or 2 also. Just hard to come to terms with letting any of them go!

Buell1965 likes this.
  15. Xkstanhope

Xkstanhope Active Member

Hi Kyle. I’ll buy from you for your last price. I’m in Santa Fe, NM. Not a problem to get it shipped to me. My phone is 505-670-0033. Give a call when convenient and let’s talk.

16. Kyle602

Sorry for the delay, just now seeing this post, will give you a call later this morning.
    Thanks!

17. Kyle602

Sold and on the way to it's new owner!

weber#465 likes this.