1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

EWC 24h Le Mans

Discussion in 'General' started by CB186, Apr 21, 2018.

1. Is there a website where these races are archived and you can watch them later?

Even if it is pay-per-view, that would be fine.

2. HPPT

HPPT !!!

Honestly, unless it's something like 60-90 minutes highlights, don't bother. Those 24 hour races have to be experienced live. It's about the tension, the drama. But as a spectator sport, the action on the track is rarely very exciting. There are exceptions, of course. But as a general rule, you would be bored if you tried to watch that whole race after the fact. Just my opinion.

Last edited: Apr 23, 2018
  3. CB186

CB186 go f@ck yourself

I had a bad feeling the last time I checked on the race before going to bed and De Meglio was putting in really fast laps. I figured if anyone, he'd throw it down. Then my heart sank when I checked in on the race with 2 hours left.
    Now I know what @Steeltoe feels like every day of the race season....

4. CB186

CB186 go f@ck yourself

Yeah, you probably have to really be into Endurance racing(not just riding), to get enjoyment out of watching hours of it. I am one of those people. I watched T&S for hours yesterday.

418 likes this.
  5. Well they update it every year...

With BNG :)

6. HPPT

HPPT !!!

I turned on the TV at 7 AM to check the points at the 16th hour mark. Decided to sleep a couple more hours after it looked like it was in the bag. Wake up, turn the TV on again and the Honda is in first place…

Di Meglio's crash sometime after 10 AM was more predictable. At that point, he was in catch-up mode to try to salvage as many points as possible. The damage was already done anyway.

7. I watched probably a total of 6 hours of it.

8. HPPT

HPPT !!!

By the way, if you had followed up on something I told you you last month, you would be able to get at least some of the race. :Poke:

9. CB186

CB186 go f@ck yourself

I didn't realize they had 2 crashes.

10. HPPT

HPPT !!!

Checa send the bike flying over the 10 foot fence. Fortunately, unlike with YART, the tires were still on so he was able to push it back to the pit lane. The crew fixed it in 29 minutes.

Mike was able to ride back to the garage in naked bike configuration.

11. gpstar748

gpstar748 Well-Known Member

I think it's a nice thing to have on in the background but definitely agree with you. LeMans is an event that is hard to describe. I was blown away by it last year. Biggest motorsport event I've ever been to. The fans are nuts!

12. 418

418 Expert #59

I think it depends because there always seems to be one nutter that thinks its a sprint race and rides the shit out of a bike thats not even set up for him. Enteraining to watch say the least. Reitenberger was one of those guys couple of years back.

13. BigBird

BigBird blah

14. cha0s#242

cha0s#242 Ignorance and prejudice and fear walk hand in hand

Check out this video of similar circumstances... That CBR is cartwheeling into the kitty litter and the team managed to rebuild it.