1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Everyone w/ a Japanese 600 Please Help

Discussion in 'General' started by 1qwik6?, May 9, 2008.

?

Why did you buy a Japanese 600 over a european equivalent such as the Triumph Daytona

1. Performance?

5 vote(s)
    6.3%
  2. Price?

6 vote(s)
    7.6%
  3. Parts Availability?

9 vote(s)
    11.4%
  4. Reputation?

3 vote(s)
    3.8%
  5. Proximity of Dealer?

2 vote(s)
    2.5%
  6. All of the Above

49 vote(s)
    62.0%
  7. Other - Please explain

5 vote(s)
    6.3%
  1. 1qwik6?

1qwik6? Well-Known Member

Need to do some research...TIA

2. Marcmcm

Marcmcm Huge Member

Please help with what...you're gonna have to be a bit more specific.

3. Cannoli

Cannoli Typical Uccio

Excellent! Glad we can help... :rolleyes:

4. Cannoli

Cannoli Typical Uccio

ahhh.. it's a poll....

5. 1qwik6?

Christ gimme a sec here lol. There.

6. paistes5

paistes5 Well-Known Member

Damn, I'm the only one that voted?

7. d-wire

d-wire Well-Known Member

other....contingency

8. Cannoli

Cannoli Typical Uccio

umm, where is reliability and cost for repair? I also own a Ducati 998 so I know first hand :eek:

9. 1qwik6?

If its not there...its Other..

10. paistes5

paistes5 Well-Known Member

That's why I love the F3. Beat on it all day, change the oil and beat on it some more.

11. verapakill

verapakill Active Member

It was the only thing avalible at the time but i really like the Daytona and the Sprint ST now Triumph will be my next bike

12. Sideshow

Sideshow Free reach around expert.

I like all bikes,but I can't find myself to stray from honda.

I do like the 675's though

13. NJGSXR1k

NJGSXR1k Well-Known Member

Why didn't you buy one though?

14. Hooper

Hooper Well-Known Member

:eek:

15. Cannoli

Cannoli Typical Uccio

:crackup: :crackup: :crackup: :crackup:

oh, that's classic! :up:

16. BC

BC Well-Known Member

998 is a great motor and if you can change belts, it's not Much different than a jap bike.

That said, when you start building less popular motors you get into serious $$.

IMO if your a club racer who shows up on weekends to have fun and aren't trying (or care to ) hang it out and be at the front, an twin or triple or anything out of the norm enhances the experience.

And if the feel and sound of the 998 still doesn't get the blood flowing, you musta scratched "them" off. :D

17. Advanced Kawi

Advanced Kawi Well-Known Member

Don't get me wrong.. I like the Ducati as much as the next guy (who could never afford one)
    -BUTT-
    Eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeyeah...
    Learn to adjust the Desmo, and it's not much different than "jap" bikes?
    You can justify purchasing a Ducati many different ways, but liking a 998's maintenance cost to a Japanese bike is not one of them.
    :eek:

18. fullmetalF4i

fullmetalF4i C. Lee #826

a few of the reasons up there but not all of them.
    I really wanted the daytona 600, but by the time I was ready to buy they moved to the 650.
    Now the dealer that I absolutely refuse to buy anything from, had the 600s sitting on the floor cause they couldnt sell them. they couldnt sell them because they were pricing them $200 less than the 650.
    So just get the 650 right? well when I did some searching on it back then, there was a lot of unhappy people with the 650, as it wasnt as "good" as the 600 (remember the Daytona 600 won the isle of the man a few years back).
    We tried to negotiate the price down and they werent having it, understandable, they need to make money, but its a leftover, you would think they could drop the price a bit particually when the new models were on the floor also not selling.
    I then went and bought a bike for comfort and a Honda, Suzuki, or Kawasaki because of the fact that I was getting a killer deal on one of those at a dealer in West Palm. Hence the F4i sitting in my garage and not a Daytona 600...

I wasnt too worried about parts since they've got a 2 year warrenty.

I'd love to get a 675 for the track, but dont have the money for that new of a bike, so the F3 will continue on until I have the funds to replace it...

19. eurobiketrash

eurobiketrash Well-Known Member

where is the I didnt buy a Japanese bike choice?

20. Apollo JD

Apollo JD Ninja Cat

comedy option: bomb pearl harbor