1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Evansville IN

Discussion in 'General' started by Derick, Oct 14, 2017.

1. Derick

Derick Well-Known Member

Anyone live nearby? Being transferred, don’t know anyone. I need some friends

Also, anyone know anything about the city?

2. TLR67

TLR67 Well-Known Member

Louisville is close.....

3. Derick

Derick Well-Known Member

So is Nashville and St. Louis

4. stymie12000

stymie12000 Well-Known Member

I'm in Indy but that's not much help. I think Hyperdyne used to live somewhat close to Evansville. So maybe he knows peeps?

5. Lazy Destroyer

Lazy Destroyer Well-Known Member

Gary Virgin and Superbike Shop is in Evansville I think

6. G Dawg

G Dawg Broken Member

Yup

7. Derick

Derick Well-Known Member

Cool. I’ll have to check it out. Although I’m not so sure about hanging with a guy named virgin,

Robin172 likes this.
  8. Razr

Razr Well-Known Member

It's a nice city, about 120k people, but the whole metro area has close to 1 million people, so there will be a lot going on. Plus it's only a short drive to Owensboro.

9. rd400racer

rd400racer Well-Known Member

:crackup:

That's about the truth!

Actually I've been to Evansville many times and it's a decent city. There is a lot of good riding in that area. The backroads from Evansville to Louisville are pretty damn good.

10. RRP

RRP Kinda Superbikey

We are relocating to Vincennes about 30-40 minutes north up US41.

11. rd400racer

I've never been to Vincennes but I've ridden close to it.

Check out a topo...west of you is pancake flat but to the east is some fine roads. Head towards Ferdinand and go anywhere around there for excellent rides. Hoosier forest is great too.

No, it's not Colorado but still pretty damn good for the region.

12. Derick

Derick Well-Known Member

Gonna head down next weekend and find an apartment. Probably do a 6 month deal and start house shopping. Looking at an apartment on the east side, probably look at houses in the Melody Hill area

13. ChemGuy

ChemGuy Harden The F%@# Up!

14. rd400racer

OK, that's a reason for a road trip.

Thanks for the heads up!

15. inpayne

inpayne Well-Known Member

I live in Evansville since college. NCM and Putnam are pretty close as well as some pretty decent road riding. Do you like to Dirtbike? We have some world class single track here believe it or not as well as an awesome Hare scramble series were all the races are about 30 min away.

Like to fly? We have a great airport and 2 grass strips, scuba dive? Hell we got that too close enough.

I’ve actually started liking it more as I get older. It’s within 3 hours of 5 major cities and everything is cheaper here. Evansville superbike is a great bike shop.

Gerst Hause is really good. Let me know if you are in the area!

Last edited: Oct 15, 2017
    rd400racer likes this.
  16. Hyperdyne

Hyperdyne Indy United SBK

Evansville is a good place. Good size town and you are pretty close to Indy with the I-69 expansion project. Louisville is also good.

Your smack dab in the middle of NC and SE tracks so take your pick. I spent the majority of time in the SE simply because of weather.

Oh yeah.. Start getting used to asking what time zone you are in because some places observe it and others don't.

17. Mot Okstef

Mot Okstef Scrolling all day long on RRW.com

No f'in way I could ever live there then. :mad:

:D

18. Hyperdyne

Hyperdyne Indy United SBK

Trust me. Between deliveries from UPS/FEDEX, scheduling home repairs, and general life stuff, you didn't just say "be here at 10am". It was 10am central, or 10am eastern.

The let's throw is daylight savings time.

19. nk140

nk140 Well-Known Member

I grew up 10 minutes north of Vincennes. PM me if you want any details.

20. inpayne

inpayne Well-Known Member

Yes the time zones here are zigzag and some do daylight savings and some don’t.