Endurance Double Header at VIR

Discussion in 'WERA National Endurance Series' started by aod99, Sep 2, 2001.

1. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Yup.

2. Team Chaos 86

Team Chaos 86 Active Member

Ok this is getting a little crazy!! WHY CAN'T WE ALL JUST GET ALONG?????

The format of race in the am and a long break then a race in the pm is a great idea. I think that that will give plenty of time for the teams and wera to get there stuff in line. Kudos!!!! Now let's race!!!

3. SClark

SClark Righteous Indignator!

8:00-8:30 Endurance Only Practice
    8:30-8:45 Break
    8:45-12:15 Race 1
    12:15-12:45 Break(More for CW's Lunch)
    12:45-2:15 Sprint Practice (6 groups)
    2:15-2:30 Break
    2:30-6:00 Race 2

How bout it gang??

4. Team Chaos 86

GOOD JOB!!! Sounds great to me!!
    Let's do it!!!

5. PKS

PKS Happiness is belt fed!

If you guys don't crash, we'll have all day to eat lunch, not to mention the best seat in the house to watch even more racing than originally thought.

I'll stay on a corner until it gets dark, I don't care. Hell, I'll pitch my tent in turn one if I have to. Anything to add more racing to what was already going to be an exciting weekend is fine by me!!!

Hey Mr. Marquez......ya ready to play?!?!

6. Rain Director

Rain Director Old guy

Damn roofers tore down the phone line that was not repaired until today and I couldn't get my suggestion in on Tuesday. [​IMG]

I do like the idea of sprint practice between the Endurance rounds, though. It gives the Sportsman guys a chance to get fully prepped for a practice session.

Questions that needs to be cleared up -
    The Memphis make-up round will be open to just those teams that had originally signed up for Memphis - Correct or incorrect? My reading of this thread leads me to believe it is a race closed to additional entries. If so, BOO!

It is my understanding that only people who have signed up for the Memphis WNC Sprints are getting double points for the WNC sprints only. Correct or incorrect? If correct, YEAH!

Now, what about a team that decides at 10 AM or sometime before the end of the first Endurance race that they want to enter the second Endurace race. How late will you allow a team to register for that second race? For that matter, what cut-off time will you use for entries for the first race if it is open to all teams? I'd suggest 8:00 AM. It gives WERA time to get a grid posted.

Nancy, as far as the protest period, points update and grid for the second race, I think it could be done in an hour, should the endurance races be run back-to-back. We'd just have to keep Sean away from the BBS. [​IMG]

Sean, I'll call you about a wacko idea I have to save time during practice and sprints.

------------------
    George
    THE Rain Director

7. dave_432

dave_432 Well-Known Member

So do we send in 1 pre-reg form for both races or one for each race? I assume it's official that we are running 2 races, right?

-Dave

8. 13x

13x 13x.com

There were two choices: a closed make up race only open to people who went to Memphis or an open race with double points to the Memphis teams. Most people seemed to think that a double points race was a better option because WERA could make more money and more teams could participate. WERA could just make it a closed race.

On another note... Since we are finding all of this time on Saturday can't we extend one of the races to a four hour or longer and still skip the endurance practice?

Jim

9. SClark

SClark Righteous Indignator!

Yes, if you make 1 a 3 hr and the other a 5.

8:00-11:00 Race 1 (3 hr)
    11:00-11:15 Break (15 min)
    11:15-12:45 Sprint Practice (6 groups) (1.5 hr)
    12:45-1:30 CW Lunch & setup
    1:30-6:30 Race 2

10. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Originally posted by Rain Director:
    Questions that needs to be cleared up -
    The Memphis make-up round will be open to just those teams that had originally signed up for Memphis - Correct or incorrect? My reading of this thread leads me to believe it is a race closed to additional entries. If so, BOO!

Nope, always been open to all riders. There was at opne time a possibility of doing it ouble points but I don't really see that being necessary since all the teams in contention for anything are all running and were all at Mmephis. Everyone else is either doing it for fun or contingency which points won't affect.

It is my understanding that only people who have signed up for the Memphis WNC Sprints are getting double points for the WNC sprints only. Correct or incorrect? If correct, YEAH!

Correct however after much discussion it'll be 5 points across the board for everyone who went to Memphis. Easier and helps keep a rider form losing a whole season of work in one race since we're now at an 8 round series.

Now, what about a team that decides at 10 AM or sometime before the end of the first Endurance race that they want to enter the second Endurace race. How late will you allow a team to register for that second race? For that matter, what cut-off time will you use for entries for the first race if it is open to all teams? I'd suggest 8:00 AM. It gives WERA time to get a grid posted.

1.5 Hours prior to the start of race 2.

11. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Nope, I'm not rolling straight into and Endurance at 8am. I will also not put bikes on track with no practice at all.

I'll post the final schedule next week, it's pretty close to the other one Steve posted. We are sticking with 2 races at 3.5 hours long.

12. Lizard 1

Lizard 1 Well-Known Member

OK, for us Lizards here - we have smaller brains and too much info tends to confuse us...

So, we show up at VIR. I post enter the endurance as usual and pay $350 for both rounds, right??

Next, because we entered at Memphis before cancel time, we get double points in race #1 and normal points in race #2??

What about the credit deal? Does that still go towards the GNF???

The schedule proposed by Steve is great, but do the endurance teams get a chance to go out in between to change set-up, etc. if need be??

Just wondering. If I can get an answer to all those questions, I'll be able to sleep tonight.

Just a note - I like Sam's proposal to do this at the next cycle jam weekend. If this can get pulled off, it'll be like a WSB round for the endurance teams. Now, if we only did LeMans type starts...

13. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Okay -

You will be getting a credit in the mail for your Memphis fees, us eit wherever you'd like. Pre entry fees at VIR will be $200 each race or $350 for both, At the track it will be the normal $25 more each race or $400 for both - still $50 cheaper than normal (get the feeling we'd really like people to pre enter?).

The points deal was a possibility - which is now not oging to happen. It would place too much pressure in one race or the other to do well causing teams to put pressure on themselves that isn't necessary. All of the teams going for a championship were at Memphis and will be at VIR so everyone will still be on an equal footing. Anyone who was not at Memphis who will be running VIR isn't in the points chase so they will have no effect on the championships.

Yes, Endurance teams will be able to go out in the Sprint practice to check fixes/changes etc...

No way we'll let a bunch of funny walking limping racers run across the track. Once upon a time a rider did slip and got hit by riders who didn't - why add more danger? If you like, just for you I'll set it up so you can do a LeMans start at Memphis in the rain on the dragstrip [​IMG]

14. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Oh yeah - to those who already pre entered at the 6 hour rate - we'll sort it all out when we get there and make the necessary adjustments based on whether you want to run one or two (you will get the pre entry rate for both but we'll make you fill out a form for race 2 at the track should you choose to run it).

To anyone still sending in a pre entry - please send in one for each race.

15. 13x

13x 13x.com

No extra points for Memphis? It's not the throw away? Nothing?

[​IMG]

16. aod99

aod99 Administrator

Oh wait...

We entered for Rausch and memphis, do we have to roll those over to VIR or do we have to fill out new forms?

17. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

The Rausch and Memphis forms will be fine.

18. Pam_G

Pam_G Banned

19. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Wow - I didn't know you had met Mark and Matt!

[​IMG]

20. Team Chaos 86

Alright now!! I resemble that remark!