1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

email client for exchange server?

Discussion in 'General' started by Hotfoot, Oct 7, 2021.

1. Hotfoot

Hotfoot Well-Known Member

Anybody have a recommendation for a good Windows 10 email client that is compatible with a corporate email server?

Mailbird is not compatible (only POP3 or IMAP), Thunderbird doesn't do exchange (there is an add in but it didn't work), and our 2007 exchange server doesn't work with the Outlook app unless I am in the office or on VPN. I am currently using the native Windows 10 app but it is very slow and has trouble with attachments.

Any other suggestions?

2. damiankelly

damiankelly Well-Known Member

3. Knotcher

Knotcher Well-Known Member

That's not a mail client.

Come again? Exchange 2007? Are you working with @HPPT ?

That sounds like some kind of interop issue with the old MX server or just basic network or server performance. It's a pretty lightweight and quick client.

4. Venom51

Venom51 John Deere Equipment Expert - Not really

Exchange can support just about any client. It all depends on what who owns and runs the server allows it to service.

5. Hotfoot

Our company owns and runs it. It’s outdated and the IMAP and POP3 capability are disabled.

6. rogers1323

rogers1323 Well-Known Member

Are you sure any client is going to work differently than this? This sounds like Exchange is isolated to the corporate network, and not available across the Internet. No client will work differently if the Exchange server is isolated behind a firewall.

7. HPPT

HPPT !!!

Hey, I saw that! :moon:

8. Knotcher

Knotcher Well-Known Member

Hahaha, I'm beginning to suspect some of us were on Oceanic 815 and are stuck in some retro tech experiment.

9. Kurlon

Kurlon Well-Known Member

So... do you see random quotes from IRC that no one else does too?

Knotcher likes this.
  10. thrak410

thrak410 My member is well known

Can you use OWA?

11. Hotfoot

I can use the OWA web interface, yes. That works and it is fast but I want to have one email client with multiple email accounts managed at once, rather than having to open and close that web interface all the time, plus it is not customizable and is cumbersome for logging in.

I tried Thunderbird with Owl plug in, which should work with OWA, but it keeps giving me a "can't find server" error if I use OWA and if I use ActiveSync it takes me to a Microsoft login, which is weird and of course the Microsoft login has nothing to do with our exchange server so it doesn't recognize my username.

12. Hotfoot

I have multiple email accounts and in my attempts to solve this I set up Thunderbird with my personal email address. I went into Windows 1o mail client, there was an attachment that was taking forever to load so I tried Thunderbird and it downloaded instantly. Same thing with my iphone, I get emails that won't load (on either my personal email which is a Pop3 email or on my corporate email), it just says "couldn't download email, try again later" but shows up immediately with no problem on my iphone. Same wifi network, same servers, it appears to be specifically a Windows 10 email problem.

I have been playing with Thunderbird and I really like the interface and folder management and speed but I just cannot get it to connect to the Exchange corporate email.