1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Ebola

Discussion in 'The Dungeon' started by sheepofblue, Sep 16, 2014.

1. SpeedyE

SpeedyE Experimental prototype, never meant for production

They put him in our soylent green

2. kangasj

kangasj Banned

Anybody been keeping up with the number of ebola cases that have been reported? I just saw the number of cases was over 14000 now.

http://www.cdc.gov/vhf/ebola/outbreaks/2014-west-africa/case-counts.html

So it kind of looks like the number of new cases is still accelerating. Sure don't hear about it in the news much.

Did Chaotic ever make his escape from Africa?

3. HPPT

HPPT !!!

Ebola? Dude, that's so October.

4. SpeedyE

SpeedyE Experimental prototype, never meant for production

:D:crackup::clap::crackup::D

5. kangasj

kangasj Banned

Well, I was mostly worried about Chaotic.....

6. panthercity

panthercity Thread Killa

What news do you listen to/watch/read? It's all over the paper/TV here.

7. kangasj

kangasj Banned

Oh, I catch a little CNN/Fox, google/yahoo news. Not seeing much other than a little about the doctor who just died...

8. In Your Corner

In Your Corner Dungeonesque Crab AI Version

It certainly isn't on the news or in the paper here.

9. Banditracer

Banditracer Dogs - because people suck

He's off the drill rigs and working from land now so he's even closer to the ebola. :D

Last edited: Nov 17, 2014
  10. Motofun352

Motofun352 Well-Known Member

I remember when HIV first surfaced back around 1983...It was only a disease between gay men. If you didn't live the "lifestyle" in San Francisco you didn't have anything to worry about. They got that wrong. Why put total faith that they have this virus totally understood? I say, keep it quarintined in Africa.....Bring all the health workers back for 21 days and keep them in Guantanitmo..nothing to lose there....:eek:

11. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

Wasn't Elizabeth Dole the head of the Red Cross back then, and didn't she put off testing all blood samples because she believed that very thing? :confused:

Add one thing to the Gitmo deal - after the health care workers have come through, ship all the other detainees back to the sandbox to spread the good will to their fellow terrorist shithead buddies.

12. ton

ton Arf!

that's some interesting revisionist history. conflating popular ignorance with what the CDC understood about the virus at the time.

13. In Your Corner

Go back and check the politics involved concerning banning gays from giving blood. It cost more than a few lives so feelings weren't hurt. Hemophiliacs didn't appreciate it.
    Common sense steps weren't taken early due to political correctness and legal maneuvering.

14. kangasj

kangasj Banned

15113 as of Nov. 16th. I'm going to check on this once a week so I can plot the numbers to see if its still exponential growth.

15. Hawk518

Hawk518 Resident Alien

On Tuesday, I found this in my Inbox:

I cited Ebola for lack of interest.:D

I kid.:cool:

16. Joe Morris

Joe Morris Off The Reservation

And profit motive. While blood bank charities like the Red Cross charge a rate that covers expenses (to remain a charity) they can roll administrative cost, building rent, etc into that bill. Consider that ~25% of blood cost is due to testing. The almighty dollar had a bearing on the slow adoption of Aids testing. This article gives more insight into the blood market.

17. In Your Corner

18. sheepofblue

sheepofblue Well-Known Member

So Nebraska, Georgia, Texas, Virginia, New York so far. But thankfully my count guess is still way over as there has been I think 10-12 cases. Of course that is not true according to Alex Jones :Pop:

19. kangasj

kangasj Banned

Total 15319 as of Nov. 24th. A slow down?

20. Hawk518

Hawk518 Resident Alien

You are doing it wrong. For best results consult with Gore.:D