1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

EA Sports SuperBike 2001

Discussion in 'General' started by J Bart, Aug 13, 2012.

1. J Bart

J Bart Fat Kid Track Days

Rummaging through a few boxes this morning and found SuperBike 2001. Installed it on the computer and started playing, man I had forgotten what a blast it was. Obviously outdated by today's game standards but still fun to figure out the different tracks, bike set-up and racing. Some old games are still fun to play.....

Well, guess I'll get back to doing something useless....

2. 418

418 Expert #59

:up: I still play it on regular basis. Physics are way closer to reality than any other game out there.

3. HMEN

HMEN Well-Known Member

best motorcycle game ever made!

4. rafa

rafa Well-Known Member

I might have to give it a try.

Me and a few buddies still play a lot of Tourist trophy from 2005 i think? For ps2

We get pretty intense trying to beat each others lap record.

None of the new games is near as good.

5. motox

motox 164

Hmm sounds fun! I tried the new SBK Generations game... same damn thing as SBK X and SBK 11. Physics are even worse on full sim.

There are a few copies of 2001 available on eBay. Has anyone seen the game in stores?

6. AZ-MilleR

AZ-MilleR Well-Known Member

I had pulled out my old PS2 and was playing MotoGP 3 against my son this weekend, the old games are definitely better than the newer ones.

7. rafa

rafa Well-Known Member

So how does that happen?

How the games get worse?
    If they use the same engine than the tourist trophy and just updated the graphics it would me amazing.

8. 418

418 Expert #59

The engine on TT sucks too. Try SBK2001, put everything on simulate/real and try it out. Hard at first but when you get the hang of it nothing comes close. I've tried them all. What SBK2001 misses on is no rear wheel steering/backing in but makes up with the rest. For 10 year old game the graphics are great.

9. ms.madman

ms.madman Well-Known Member

Looked it up on youtube. No bad for being 10 years ago. Currently playing the SBK Generations release on pc. That and F1 keep me occupied.

10. gixxernaut

gixxernaut Hold my beer & watch this

I owned a bunch of them over the years. My personal fav was MotoGP 2007. I still think it's the best ever, but I haven't played SBK2001.

I did like SBK2010, not quite as good as MogoGP 2007.

Biggest disappointment for me was MotoGP 2008.

By far the worst turd I ever tried to play was AMA Superbike. :down:

11. mattf

mattf Banned-a-lama-ding-dong.

I wasted way too much time on SBK 2001. Miss that old game......

12. ekraft84

ekraft84 Registered User

I think that's where I learned Laguna's layout ..