1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

E-Voting Machine Tampering/Fraud - 8 indicted & arrested in Kentucky

Discussion in 'The Dungeon' started by Gehr, Mar 28, 2009.

1. Gehr

Gehr whAt mE woRRy?

Good old Diebold electronic voting machines have been under suspicion for many years now - well they finally caught several election officials & even a judge for actually changing votes of Kentucky residents in several elections. Nice. This one was barely reported in the media, way under the radar as there are many that want to leave these machines in place as they can be tampered with very easily. This story is over a week old & I just heard the report on the radio this AM. No AP, UPI report at all on this one.

Note in the MSNBC article there is very little said at all about what election devices were tampered with as big corporate America loves the ability to control these things if they want to. Heard about the story in a public radio news report in detail & then did the Google search to verify it's accuracy. The 2nd link actually describes how these guys tampered with the e-machines to change votes.

Wonder how many of these Diebold e-voting machines have been tampered with around the country over the past 8 years?

MSNBC story

News Vine

Pictures in jumpsuits

:Pop:

2. XFBO

XFBO Well-Known Member

Or more importantly this last one. :D

Are hackers, generally, hippies or conservatives? :Poke:

3. the muffin man

the muffin man certified hymen inspector

voter suppression efforts, in ALL forms, generally come from the scumbag, i mean right wing of the political spectrum.

4. the muffin man

Those who recall the firing of eight Federal Attorneys by the Alberto Gonzales/George W. Bush Justice Department, might also recall that those attorneys were fired because they refused to expeditiously prosecute contrived, fraudulent, systematically engineered Republican efforts to suppress Democratic voter turnout.

It would be satisfying to see the conviction and imprisonment of right-wing operatives, elected officials and members of the Department of Justice who may well have illegally engaged in collusion, coercion, misfeasance and conflicts-of-interest for the purpose of rigging elections in favor of Republican candidates!

Tip of the proverbial iceberg. If we’re keeping score, let’s not overlook the two Presidential elections that Republicans may have stolen – in the years 2000 and 2004. Lest we forget the hanging chads, the then Florida Attorney General, Catherine Harris’ halt to the vote count and the United States Supreme Court’s handing of the election to George W. Bush…I mention it here. It’s noteworthy to also mention that the wife of Justice Clarence Thomas may have worked for the Bush transition team in 2000.

And let’s not forget the Ohio scandals during the 2004 Presidential election and assertions that “irregularities threw the true outcome of the vote count into serious doubt...and that an academic study on the exit polls showed John Kerry winning.”

Finally, the electronic voting machines that continue to create fears of stolen elections, were lobbied for and, are manufactured by, companies known to support the Republican party. Diebold is one such company.

In August 2003, Diebold CEO Wally O’Dell announced that he had been a top fund-raiser for President George W. Bush and had sent a get-out-the-funds letter to Ohio Republicans. In the letters he said he was “committed to helping Ohio deliver its electoral votes to the president next year (2004).” Critics of Diebold interpreted this as implying that he might rig the company’s electronic voting.

Up to date now are we?

5. jschmidt

jschmidt Well-Known Member

Where did you get that it was machine tampering. This is the old fashioned "helping people to vote" scam that's been going on since paper ballots and a cardboard box.

6. the muffin man

Circuit court judge, county clerk, and election officials among eight indicted for gaming elections in 2002, 2004, 2006.

County uses popular, unverifiable ES&S touch-screen voting systems.

Essentially, they tricked voters into leaving the 'booth' after pressing the "Vote" button on the ES&S iVotronic. That button, does not actually cast the vote, as one might think (and as these voters were told), but instead, it brings up a review screen of the voter's "ballot."

Instructing the voters that they were done, the conspirators then, after the voter had left, would change the voters' votes as they saw fit, before finally pressing the "Cast Ballot" button.

7. XFBO

XFBO Well-Known Member

Tell us what you really think. :wow:

8. Orvis

Orvis Well-Known Member

You wouldn't be trolling would you? :)

9. Venom51

Venom51 John Deere Equipment Expert - Not really

[​IMG]

10. 999

999 Well-Known Member

I love it, the ringleader's name was Russell Cletus Maricle. Cletus.

Clay County Circuit Court Judge Russell Cletus Maricle, 65, and school superintendent Douglas C. Adams, 57, allegedly used their status in the county to influence the appointment of corrupt members to the Clay County Board of Election Officials and caused election officers to commit acts of extortion, mail fraud, and bribery.
    Maricle also allegedly instructed a witness to testify falsely before a federal grand jury in Lexington.

Clay County Clerk, Freddy Thompson, 45, allegedly provided money to election officers to be distributed by the officers to buy votes and he also instructed officers how to change votes at the voting machine. The indictment also accused Thompson of a false testimony before a grand jury in Lexington.

Election officer William E. Stivers, 56, allegedly marked votes or issued tickets to voters who had sold their votes and changed votes at the voting machine. Stivers also allegedly instructed a witness to testify falsely before a federal grand jury.

Paul E. Bishop, 60, allegedly marked voters or issued tickets to voters who sold their votes and he also hosted alleged meetings at his home where money was pooled together by candidates and distributed to election officers, including himself. He was also accused of instructing the officers how to change votes at the voting machine.

William B. Morris, 66, and Debra L. Morris, 49, distributed funds pooled by the members of the scheme in order to buy votes. The couple owned and operated a transportation sanitation company and was active in the political affairs of Clay County.

11. Buckwild

Buckwild Radical

I like the muffin man.

12. Marcmcm

Marcmcm Huge Member

Mu county bought electronic voting machines and 2 years later got rid of them and went back to paper ballots. Millions of dollars wasted.

13. lrrs517

lrrs517 Internet Investigative Officer

Is the Irreverrent Jesse Jackson still down in Florida counting chads? What a chooch.

14. jschmidt

jschmidt Well-Known Member

Right, that's what I said. This is the same scam as taking the paper ballot out of the voters hand and steering it to a particular ballot box.

In this old scam, the machine plays an irrelevant role. It hasn't actually been tampered with to make it produce inaccurate results.

I understand your point, but I think I'd call this voter tampering, not machine tampering.

Last edited: Mar 29, 2009