1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Dynotjet Quick shifter

Discussion in 'Tech' started by Gixxxxxxer, Sep 20, 2007.

1. Gixxxxxxer

Gixxxxxxer Well-Known Member

my quickshifter spring wore out, the assholes there wont replace it bu ti managed to take it apart. it wasnt fun, slow and tedious, anyway has this happened to anyone else. it got so look it was tripping the PC3R?

2. Keep Up

Keep Up N 142

don't know what to help you....

but how long have you been using it till it crapped out? just curious, i just installed a used one used for a half of an AMA race season

3. Gixxxxxxer

ive had it for a good 3, 3 1/2 years, the spring in the botton just wore out and the button has no resist so it hits and cuts the pc3r on and off, scared me to death on the track, bike starts jumping around, i called dynojet and the bastards wont even just replace the spring even though i took it apart,

4. Keep Up

Keep Up N 142

that sucks, are you just ognna have to end up buying a new one?

5. Gixxxxxxer

well im not sure, if i can find a matching spring then no but i really need one, its sucks doing manual shifting, we shall c

6. crikey

crikey Well-Known Member

why would you expect them to replace it for you after 3 years? :crackhead:

7. Gixxxxxxer

because its a spring! and its cheap

8. TurboBlew

TurboBlew Registers Abusers

Thats not the DynoJunk way. I have 4 brand new powercommanders Ive collected over the years from various platforms because that wonderful product kept crapping out. Left me stranded twice. (I never carry tools on the street)

9. Gixxxxxxer

yeah this is the first problem i have had and it sucks because it cost to much to buy a new one and its a really easy fix

10. endlos

endlos Banned

quick shift is up and down or just up....forgive the ignorance...educate me.

11. Gixxxxxxer

whaaa???? confused lol, gp is up , standard is down, that what you mean?

12. bobbyk

bobbyk Well-Known Member

quick shift is up. clutch to downshift.

13. g.mccormick

g.mccormick Well-Known Member

take the spring to a machine shop or supply house and try and match it up with something there. Someplace like a Grainger might have what you need.

14. Gixxxxxxer

yeah ill find a matching one, if not ill just keep shifting without it