1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DUI Charges Dropped for Cop Who Killed rider

Discussion in 'General' started by Teuton, Aug 20, 2010.

1. Teuton

Teuton Well-Known Member

2. TEAMLIKETYSPLIT

TEAMLIKETYSPLIT In Limbo

Words escape me..that is fucked up

3. ThrottleAbuse

ThrottleAbuse Will Race for CASH!

Complete BS. His fellow brothers had his back and purposely messed up the investigation. SOB should be locked up for good.

4. Newsshooter

Newsshooter Well-Known Member

5. some guy #2

some guy #2 Well-Known Member

It's a repost....

I love how even the lawyers think this pretty corrupt :S

6. Putter

Putter Ain't too proud to beg

Lame.

7. BigBird

BigBird blah

WOW! Nice cover-up by the Police.

Total disrepect for the all the motorcyclists involved and for the public. Hope he gets some jail time. I heard the convicts love Police Officers.

8. eboos

eboos Slowski

The silver lining at least looks like there will be a major house cleaning and all will have to answer for what they've done or failed to do.

9. renegade17

renegade17 Well-Known Member

Yet people wonder why cops are hated and why squids turn around on the highway to laugh at a cop they injured. I say fuhk em!!!

10. panthercity

panthercity Thread Killa

Yeah, `cause ALL cops are like this douche bag... :rolleyes:

11. MotorSWATCop

MotorSWATCop Former Trackday Turd

It does sound mighty suspicious; no doubt about it. You, however, are painting w/ a mighty broad stroke. I'll attribute it to your probable age and intelligence level. :moon:

12. RCjohn

RCjohn Killin machine.

I bet he don't get off on any other charges. This brought an extremely bright light down on this case.

13. 178SV

178SV now retired...

The cop was taken to a facility where cops are usually treated for injury. No one ever thought the procedure of drawing blood for drunk tests at a facility that treats cops and what techincal certification the tech needs to draw his blood. I can see how that can happen without a master plan. In fact, I don't think that anyone could reasonably plan that out in real time. Also, if the guy is a hard core alcoholic, I don't see how it would be obvious at a crash site that he was impaired from the alcohol. The guy is probably tanked every day.

However, I don't understand why that becomes inadmissable as evidence. Surely it can be demonstrated through testimony and simple logic and reason that the results of the test are the same either way. We are intelligent beings who can figure things out, we don't have to behave like autobots running software code.

14. mlysung

mlysung Active Member

I hope the FEDS gets this case right. But I do wonder if the guy would have survived if he wore a helmet, and the other riders be less injured.

15. Suburbanrancher

Suburbanrancher Chillzilla

Having dabbled in the field I consider this to be a completely ridiculous course of action.

The Prosecutor should have presented this to a Judge and had them make the determination as to whether or not the samples were admissible, not simply dismiss the charge because of the technician's lack of certification.

16. RCjohn

RCjohn Killin machine.

In my opinion the cops knew exactly what they were doing. Most here can tell you that I'm VERY pro-law enforcement. I'm fairly convinced this was a completely planned foul-up to get a fellow officer out of some of his trouble.

You can bet this isn't the first time that the certification of the nurse drawing blood has caused charges to be dropped. Not to mention they fired the head of the task force for a reason. The guy was at .19 BAC and they didn't think he appeared intoxicated. No cop works at a .19 BAC without it being a known problem by other officers.

This shit is going to backfire on them. Now he don't stand a chance of any sympathy with the remaining charges. Before he could have gotten a bit of sympathy for a drinking problem, etc.

If I had anything to do with it the Chief of Police would be out of a job too.

17. RCjohn

RCjohn Killin machine.

Seems premature to me also but I wouldn't know. Must be some precedence there.

18. mlysung

mlysung Active Member

++1 These cops are suppose to the "pros" on detecting drunk drivers! BS on the other offices that claim that they didn't detect alcohol..BS !

19. ckruzel

ckruzel Graphicologist Xtremeist

feel free to voice your opinion

Citizen Police Complaint Board and Citizen Police Complaint Office
    200 E. Washington Street
    Suite 1921
    Indianapolis, IN 46204
    Phone: 317-327-3440
    Fax: 317-327-4380
    [email protected]

20. stk0308

stk0308 Well-Known Member

Bad news on the doorstep of MotoGP coming to town.