Duhamel Helmet at E-bay

Discussion in 'General' started by Richard Lesher, Apr 12, 2002.

1. Richard Lesher

Richard Lesher Well-Known Member

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=1820700776

Question (for JU of course):

Is this item an ACTUAL helment USED by Duhamel in a RACE?

I get the impression it is merely a RARE model with a rare paint scheme and a famous autograph. It could have been used if he wanted to but didn't.

Just wondering, I wear the same size lid as Duhamel, and could ACTUALLY use this thing.

2. Due North

Due North Source of Insanity

3. Richard Lesher

Yes, it's brand new. So I guess this REALLY isn't a Duhamel helmet. Just one he autographed. Yes, this is the ONLY one (we have access to) with this paint scheme AND the SAME model Duhamel uses. But he didnt WEAR this one in a race. Correct?

That is what I was wanting to know. So I guess I answered my own question.

It's not like the leathers with race rash on them that were up for bid in the past.

4. NewRacer

NewRacer Tina! Come get some ham!

But this is a custom made one, not one you can get in stores. It is the same one DuHamel would wear. Not available to the public.....

5. derby369

derby369 Well-Known Member

...but doesn't have the kewlie little "is-it-legal-or-not" transparent aero thingy on the back of it. [​IMG]

------------------
    --derby

6. John Ulrich

John Ulrich Well-Known Member

Brand new, never worn by anybody.

7. Richard Lesher

Yea, that's what I wanted to get at. Thank you.

I wanted one WORN in a RACE. I can get my own $500 helmet, and pay another $500 to have it painted professionally ANY way I want it. Then maybe take it to a race and if lucky enough get it autographed.

Something acutally USED in a race with the bugs still splattered on it would be much neater in a trophy room than a NEW helmet with an autograph.

It will be interesting to see what this helmet goes for.

[This message has been edited by Richard Lesher (edited 04-12-2002).]

8. John Ulrich

So you're saying if we get Duhamel to wear it during the Road Atlanta test next weekend, you'd pay more for it?

Oh, hold it, I see, worn in a RACE...So if we get one he has worn in a RACE then you'd want to bid on that, right?

Anyway, this one that's up now has not been worn, and is brand new, and isn't one that you could buy.

[This message has been edited by John Ulrich (edited 04-12-2002).]

9. Ex CCS Racer

Ex CCS Racer Banned

Eeewww [​IMG]...stinky Canadian sweat. That's gotta have some value eh? [​IMG]

10. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

I'm glad to see the price shooting up, but it's all ready past the point of my bidding. Personally, I couldn't give a flying sh@t if Miguel wore it in a race or even while riding around on his lawn tractor. [​IMG]
    Bet no one else you ride/ race/ hang with has one like it. [​IMG]
    What is the next cool thing coming up John?

Dave K

11. NewRacer

NewRacer Tina! Come get some ham!

Becareful what you wish for, John has a way of making things happen.....

<Subliminal voice> I wish for 1 VES GSXR600...</Subliminal voice>

12. John Ulrich

One VES 600, send $9500.

13. Richard Lesher

Well as far as memorbielia goes I am more for suff that was "then and there".

Granted this helemt is great, and you can't get it anywhere, but it is just that. A helmet with a unique paint scheme and autograph. I think people would pay more for a raced helmet. I would. Like the Barry Bonds baseball that broke the record. Wich is more valuable. A plain one with his autograph, or the one that broke the record?

It is a moot point, as Arai fits me better anyway [​IMG]

Well, I gotta go now and get out to Sears Point. It's race time.....

14. John Ulrich

Okay Richard, have fun at Sears.

JU

15. RAPTOR10

RAPTOR10 A Predator Near you......

Hate to burst anybodys bubble, but the only thing about this helmet is the autograph. I bought 2 at the beginning of the yr through Kneedraggers, and mine look exactly the same. Nothing special about this helmet. Just the autograph. I got the one just like that plus a black one.
    Travis

16. RAPTOR10

1 more thing, if you notice Duhamels helmet up close right in the center of the chin is his race #17. and the back of the helmet is a fin, not 2 individual vents(Just like mine). So what you are paying for is a autograph, that's all.
    Good autograph though.........

17. RAPTOR10

Ok, I am wrong, I have the RF900 model, this is an X-SPII. So ya, it is just like the one that Duhamel wears.
    But I still have one like it, just not the same. Oh well.....

Travis

18. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

What you are really bidding on is an excuse to support the Fluffy Barrier* Fund...

*Fluffy Barrier is a registered name of absolutely nothing.

19. Madmike

Madmike Drunk Member

Oh not so Mr. Mongo.......

That is a Registered Name of The wonderfull contraption called a Bra. You see it is a Fluffy Barrier between the goods and and YOU.