1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Dude makes Al Capone see Little League

Discussion in 'The Dungeon' started by CorollaDude, Jul 31, 2011.

1. CorollaDude

CorollaDude Beach Bum

2. GRH

GRH Well-Known Member

I must live in a sheltered world because I don't know anyone that does drugs other than a few (1-2) that are casual pot users. The level of effort to get drugs into this country is amazing.

3. Sacko DougK

Sacko DougK Well-Known Member

You have no idea. All together, I spent probably 8 years in Central and South America doing counter narcotic operations. It is amazing what these guys will do, especially what the "Go-Fasts" are willing to do to get some extra money. Beyond dangerous and stupid.

On a side note, of the 1,500 murders this guy is suspected to be responsible for, I wonder how many were committed with ATF supplied weapons through operation Fast and Furious?

Last edited: Aug 1, 2011
  4. povol

povol Well-Known Member

I have been following Fast and Furious for close to a year, and the mainstream media is just now starting to show some interest. Issa and Grassley are turning up the heat on Obama and Holder, who have both denied they knew anything about the operation. I have a feeling Issa is holding a trump card after his secret meeting with the head of the ATF. Holder was going to hang him out to dry and had forbidden him to talk to congress without a Justice Dept lawyer present. He saw what was happening and met them with his private attorney. This thing has the potential to be one of the biggest scandals ever, and the mainstream media is virtually silent.

5. Sacko DougK

Sacko DougK Well-Known Member

We just had a discussion in another thread here recently about the U.S. involvement in the Mexican drug war, in the Libya thread. Some of the opinions by others was that it is Mexico's problem and not ours. I wonder if deaths associated with weapons from Fast and Furious changes that opinion at all? I suspect not, because the arguement can be made that the deaths would have occurred by weapons supplied through other resources. I still feel that the U.S. drug war has increased the violence in Mexico and it is our responsibility and it is in our best interest to assist Mexico in putting an end to it. The best way will be by taking those overland routes away from drug runners. One tool would be unmanned systems companies to suppliment the DHS/CBP in monitoring the border and known drug routes.:D

6. HPPT

HPPT !!!

Commitment to the customer! It's not like the drugs end up sitting unsold in warehouses because nobody in America wants to buy them. :D

7. Joe Morris

Joe Morris Off The Reservation

Seems like BBC has been covering it for about a year. I just think American's don't really care.

8. GRH

GRH Well-Known Member

I get the supply and demand part. Either there is a very finite amount available to the market or there's a boat load of people I pass by through out my day that are on drugs. Probably a little of both....

9. povol

povol Well-Known Member

10. Joe Morris

It's peanuts compared to Iran/Contra IMHO and that resulted in nothing but the fall guys taking the fall. I don't see this playing out any different. Again, I don't think American's care. Most of the killed were Mexican. Casey Anthony will garner more outrage over the next 6 months than this story.

11. Orvis

Orvis Well-Known Member

12. povol

povol Well-Known Member

In this era of information, cover ups are much more difficult. In the Iran Contra era, you had what they fed you. Now you can get your news from sources other than the "Government Times". It doesn't just go away when they want it to. This is much bigger than you think, because you have been led to think its not big. I may be wrong, but this will not be pinned on some underling. The likely candidate has already gone whistle blower.

13. XFBO

XFBO Well-Known Member

As mentioned already, it seems highly coincidental that this isn't getting any coverage under a Democratic WH.

Oh and just for the record, I'm very interested in learning more about this fiasco and how high it goes up.

14. tophyr

tophyr Grid Filler

wtf is fast and furious, other than a vin diesel movie?

15. XFBO

XFBO Well-Known Member

Last edited: Aug 1, 2011
  16. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

Lol, sure you do. You just don't know about it. (Muscle relaxers and pain pills do count.)

17. SGVRider

SGVRider Well-Known Member

18. Joe Morris

We'll see how it shakes out but I'll stand on "American's don't care". Your point about the new media age is a double edge sword: There is more information and there is more distrust about the information. I'm not sure we've moved forward one bit when you can't trust the flood of information.

Lastly, the ATF has used these tactics for a long time. How many people are upset about the collateral damage? In this case it's Mexican collateral damage and I again arrive at "American's don't care".

There is no bigger group of political reactionaries than this board and this has barely made a ripple in the past year or so that it's been in the news.

19. vance

vance *

Cam and Company on Sirius XM. It gets covered religiously. TV news sucks

20. povol

povol Well-Known Member

They dont care because they dont know. They dont know because their primary news source does not tell them. When congress is close to filing obstruction of justice charges against the DOJ, that is big news. The evidence is in the bank, it will be withdrawn next year about 2 months before election time. At this point, i would guess Holder knows he is fucked, and congress will hold this over his head as a political hammer to keep him in check, then bash his skull in with it when the right time comes.