1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Ducati 250 Mark 3 narrowcase

Discussion in 'WERA Vintage' started by nigel smith, Sep 27, 2020.

1. nigel smith

nigel smith Well-Known Member

I recently changed my Facebook profile picture to a photo of my old Ducati scrambler, which I raced in AHRMA some years ago. Shortly afterwards, my old high school girlfriend contacted me to let me know that her husband had an old Ducati that he needed to sell before they moved. I had visions of wrecked Terreblanche supersport, but went for a look. What I found was a genuine 250 Mark 3 in fairly large pieces. His dad had bought it brand new in 1966 or so, and taken it out of service with 1650 miles showing. He quoted me a price which almost caused me to injure my wrist in the process of whipping out my wallet. It has all the hard to source stuff such as rearset controls, 150 mph speedo, sporty fuel tank and tool boxes, etc. However, it is missing the 29mm Dellorto and the ridiculous swoopy kick start lever, which allows about 15 degrees of engine rotation if you lean the bike over. By any chance, would any of you gentlemen be able to help me out?

2. Robin172

Robin172 Well-Known Member

3. Robin172

Robin172 Well-Known Member

Also it might be worth checking fleabay, all sorts of parts turn up there.

4. HMBAtrail

HMBAtrail Active Member

Man, good luck on the kick starter. One came up on eBay not long ago and sold for the tidy sum of $600. Seeing that selling price prompted me to take a torch to my standard kicker to bend it to clear the rear sets.

5. nigel smith

I've been searching ebay. Prices are crazy. I could sell my rearsets for more than I paid for the bike. I have half a dozen standard kick start levers, so torches and hammers may soon be employed.

6. ahrma_581

ahrma_581 Well-Known Member

600 bucks buys a lotta bump starting.

7. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Yeah but sometimes style is well worth it...

8. DougBowie

DougBowie Well-Known Member

You can use any 250 or 350 kicker... works fine, and Dell 29 S are expensive... just stick a 30 on it ....

9. fastedyamaha

fastedyamaha Well-Known Member

Unless it’s a concourse restoration, that’s too much style

10. Linker48X

Linker48X Well-Known Member

11. nigel smith

After consulting with a few experts, it turns out I do not have a Mark 3. I actually lucked into a genuine Mach 1. For those of you who are not familiar with ducati singles, I won the barn find lottery. I am going to have to do the restoration to a pretty high standard given the relative rarity of the bike.

12. joec

joec brace yourself

Steve d'angelo is worth tracking down. Ahrma wera uscra ducati guy.

And get a gardner carb for it!