1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Drebber - King of 80's

Discussion in 'General' started by Cawk Star, Jun 28, 2012.

1. Cawk Star

Cawk Star Well-Known Member

Dreb, I totally forgot you were in American Flyers - just watched it last night. How many other films did you do? I feel like you were the voice of non-traditional sporting events in the 80's.

2. RoadRacerX

RoadRacerX Jesus Freak

I love that movie!

3. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Great flick.

4. Huey130

Huey130 Chief wrench thrower

5. drebv4

drebv4 Well-Known Member

Just that one film, playing a familiar role -- myself. I was the announcer for the Coors Classic bicycle stage race that provided the backdrop for the movie race. Many of the scenes in the film were clips of the real race shot in 1984.

As for the "voice of non-traditional sporting events" ... that's a fair statement. I've held a microphone in front of a camera as World or Olympic champions were crowned in 28 different sports.

Dreb

6. Cawk Star

Cawk Star Well-Known Member

Did you used to commentate the old ESPN Jet-Ski races with Sheldon, Jacobs and all that neon & oakley blades or was that someone else?

7. RM Racing

RM Racing Tool user

Dreb's my hero. Most professional, hardest working, best dressed announcing talent in the business.

8. scott65

scott65 Well-Known Member

:stupid:

And, he rides motorcycles, bicycles, and has a old truck !!
    How much cooler can you get ? :bow:

9. Razr

Razr Well-Known Member

Sometimes wears a cool hat also:up:

10. panthercity

panthercity Thread Killa

I thought this was gonna be about him dominating the pocket bike races...

11. Hawk518

Hawk518 Resident Alien

I watched last night as well.

One great cycling movie, along with Breaking Away.

I was going to mentioned how much I loved the "hippie girl", Becky in American Flyers and just searched for her and I may have forgotten that she was Lt Holden in Baywatch. I don't recall the connection but in either case it is interesting to see that my taste still holds true. ;)

12. Hawk518

Hawk518 Resident Alien

I did not know Drebber was/visited here!:D

13. RoadRacerX

RoadRacerX Jesus Freak

He has an RC-30. THAT's how much cooler! :up:

14. Razr

Razr Well-Known Member

NICE:bow:

15. motorbykemike

motorbykemike beer snob

drebs valkywingrie is a badass frankenbike .

it may not have the right seat but it does sport a nice patina ;)

Last edited: Jun 28, 2012
  16. drebv4

drebv4 Well-Known Member

Yes on the jet ski races and offshore powerboats, too. Had 2 RC-30's and an RC-45 along with a couple of the little 400 V-4's also. Collection has been downsized in favor of garden and yard implements. "Tools not toys" is the mantra around here in Drebbieville these days -- although there is enough to play with still around.

Thanks for the kind words guys. I'm trying not to rest on my laurels but work is a lot tougher to come by these days. I put together a little demo reel and as soon as I can figure out how to get it uploaded to YouTube or something you can have a look. My granddaughter is helping me... thank goodness!

17. f4capt

f4capt Zoinks!

For the bonus round can you still name them all?

Btw Dreb, today's heat wave reminds of something you said while doing an AMA round at VIR a few years back. "It's hot enough to set a wet mule on fire". Not sure how you came up with that one but I still laugh about it when it gets really hot! :D

18. drebv4

drebv4 Well-Known Member

Probably, under hot lights or something.

Guy I worked with as a carpenter in the early 70's had a few of those. Putting up a big long piece of crown molding together I asked how his end fit. "Like a sock on a rooster!". Still don't know if that was good or bad but we nailed it up anyway.

A knack for plagiarism has gotten me by in a pinch...

19. drebv4

drebv4 Well-Known Member

20. scott65

scott65 Well-Known Member

Cole slaw wrestling ?? :wow:
    Cool vid :up: