1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Dorchester, Mass Yea or Nea

Discussion in 'General' started by casjoker, Jan 14, 2022.

1. casjoker

casjoker Refusing middle age

Asking for one of my employees who has a daughter 23, is single, and has been offered a teaching job at Roxbury Prep (Dorchester campus Lucy Stone middle) part of the Uncommon Schools program/district. I haven't lived in the area since the late 90's so I know things change but Dorchester (at least the Nothern section) had some rough areas.

If she takes the job they were wondering what the best area for her to look for housing.

Any thoughts from current or former Bostonians are appreciated.

2. In Your Corner

In Your Corner Dungeonesque Crab AI Version

She can't find a better city than Dorchester to work in?
    The Boston area is full of wealthy suburbs.
    Dorchester has sucked forever. She definitely doesn't want to live in Dorchester.
    Probably Back Bay or the South End are the closest decent areas but they won't be cheap.

3. Jason P.

Jason P. Well-Known Member

Ouuuuu Deathchester. Hmm.

Back in the day when I was still living around the Boston area, 90s, it was pretty rough. Thanks to gentrification it isn't so bad now. Over the bridge in Savin Hill is pretty solid.

4. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

It used to be rough as f@ck. Still not the best place to live and go.

5. casjoker

casjoker Refusing middle age

I remember the Deathchester days, heard it has improved some along the waterfront. That was my comment, why Dorchester tons of places to work in the area that offers a better standard of living.

6. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Texted a friend who moved up to the area and she replied that it’s not all that bad anymore. Still not the best neighborhood up in the Boston area and you need to watch out for yourself but, there’s worse.

casjoker likes this.