1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Don't Worry.....

Discussion in 'The Dungeon' started by BR549, Dec 23, 2013.

1. BR549

BR549 Well-Known Member

2. SGVRider

SGVRider Well-Known Member

Whatever. Obama is still alive? Does anyone care that he is?

The whole stupid thing is unraveling faster than I could have imagined. The scale of disaster should make the Titanic look like a papercut, I can't wait!

3. nigel smith

nigel smith Well-Known Member

Maybe for his next trick, he can symbolically solve the problem of a nuclear Iran. Oh, wait...
    If he wore a big red nose and floppy shoes, would he be any less relevant to the world?

4. crashman

crashman Grumpy old man

No...

5. Orvis

Orvis Well-Known Member

Well, in spite of all you bah-humbugers I feel so very special to know that our fearless leader has joined us mortal underlings in the quest for affordable insurance. It warms the cockles of my heart. (whatever those are) :beer:

6. SGVRider

He'd be more relevant. I could see him being a hit on the children's birthday party circuit. "The Great Odumbo and his social engineering schemes".

7. SGVRider

I did think of one great outcome of Obamacare. The adverse selection spiral that destroys the insurance marketplace will be the largest ever. It should provide for decades of study for historians and economists. A lot of good research papers and doctoral theses will benefit. Then all those people will go and work at government agencies and in academia. Obama really is a clever professor.

Minnesota recently reported the median age of enrolled customers as 50. They designed premiums with a median age of 40. As they adjust premiums to match the risk of the pool's actual characteristics, people will drop their insurance and the cycle will drive toward its ultimate conclusion. Private insurance will be dead and gone with 20 years, which was Obama's goal in the first place. We'll get that wonderful "single payer" stuff instead.

8. earacing

earacing Race Dad

Which is why it's so awesome to watch it implode so quickly and in such entertaining fashion! Hopefully while there is still a private insurance market.

9. lee955i

lee955i The Traveling Gnome

Wait...he's on vacation in Hawaii AGAIN?
    Cheers, Lee S.

10. SGVRider

Nah, there won't be a private insurance market left when this is all over. Don't get me wrong, there will be private medical care. The rich will have star class medical care at facilities that offer concierge service. We the proletariat will make do with whatever our betters in the state decide to give us. We aren't smart enough to decide things for ourselves, hence why the government must save us from ourselves.

I don't feel bad for the health insurers one bit. They made a deal with the devil thinking they would still be in control of their companies. At the end of the day they realized they sold their souls into eternal slavery. The Federal government runs the healthcare marketplace now, the insurers are just short term intermediaries.

Here's what the trajectory will be for Obamacare:

Adverse selection death spiral of insurance market - 15 years
    To address the fact that insurers are dropping like flies, the government allows most people to enroll in Medicare / Medicaid - 20 years
    Last private health insurer stops offering policies - 25 years
    HMOs offered contracts to help administer Federal healthcare system - 25 years
    Federal government renames Medicare to something cute, call it America's Choice. All barriers to enrollment dropped. - 30

I can't quite figure out when the whole rotten mess will collapse. I'd give it 50 years. One thing is for certain, we have no money to pay for our current debts, let alone the price for controlling 20 percent of the economy. Someday people will stop lending the US Government money. The United States of America will end on that day.

You say it like it's a bad thing. The more he's on vacation the better off the future of our country. You saw what happened when this piece of shit decided to stay at work and Do Something!

11. charles

charles The Transporter

He lives in Hawaii, what's wrong with you? He's taking over Don Ho's old job after his idiot minions wrap things up at the White House.

12. Tinfoil hat charly

Tinfoil hat charly Well-Known Member

50 yrs?
    I've been amazed to find myself agreeing more with your posts lately but 5 yrs is probably more like it...

13. SGVRider

I've become more negative about the future of the United States lately, hence that's why we probably agree more. :D

5 years, nah. We can keep on spending ourselves into oblivion a lot longer than that. Nothing will be resolved until we're at our equivalent of Rome circa 476.