Donations

Discussion in 'The Dungeon' started by Hawk518, Jun 25, 2017.

1. pickled egg

pickled egg There is no “try”

When did you stop being a commie?

2. galloway840

galloway840 Well-Known Member

lol, i have absolutely no idea what you mean. I think I stopped being a commie long before I joined WERA. did you know me in another life?

3. sheepofblue

sheepofblue Well-Known Member

I do give but it is almost 100% to the person. I have been able to help friends with hard times lately and to be honest the only better thing would be to have them problem free.

That said if you choose to give to an organization there are a lot of good ones. Take a moment to find out their management costs and where the $$ go. For instance the United Way here gives to stuff I would not wizz on if they were on fire so United Way gets zero. Alternatively local volunteer fire department deserves a visit from me to drop some $$ though and your post reminded me of it, thanks.

Take a moment if you want to be generous as there are good groups out there (Air Fence Fund). Or if you are up to it go volunteer locally as a caring person will help someone that is ready to help themselves far more than a pile of money.

4. auminer

auminer Renaissance Redneck

I was looking at my ebay store... the animal rescue group that my wife & I volunteer with has signed up with ebay/paypal to be a part of ebay for charity. I can earmark 10%-20%-up to 100% of the monies from my sales to go straight to the rescue group, and I get a little blue & yellow flag by my items so that people know that their purchase will benefit a charity.

I noticed that the airfence fund wasn't an option. :(

I'm pretty sure all they need is the EIN from the 501c3. I'm not sure who runs the airfence fund, but this should be brought to their attention.

5. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

They are set up on Amazon Smile, my purchases have sent $45 or so to the Action Fund.

6. Hawk518

Hawk518 Resident Alien

My cousin worked form one of those companies back when. Telemarketers take a fair chunk.

7. Rain Director

Rain Director Old guy

KISS.

USO and St. Jude.

Troops and kids.

Hawk518 likes this.