1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Dodge/Jeep/Chrysler family-friend discount plan

Discussion in 'General' started by gapman789, Dec 27, 2015.

1. xrated

xrated Well-Known Member

Right now, I'm paying $1.85/gal for Diesel and that is the lowest prices I've seen in a loooooong time.

2. masshole

masshole sixoneseven

Not noisier (the Ram cabin is super quiet), no smells whatsoever, can't think of a single thing in the "more expensive to maintain category, diesel at the pump is more expensive but you get almost double the mpg with your trailer on the back.
    I bought a 2015 Ram 3500 Laramie Megacab 4x4 single rear wheel with the Cummins in July and have zero regrets, gets better mpgs empty than the 08 Tacoma I traded in and the 385 horse/ 865 torque bone stock is just fun to drive.

Sounds like you don't need a new truck but wanting one justifies it and let's add all sorts of cliches in the lines of life being too short.

3. gapman789

gapman789 Well-Known Member

Well, my current truck is an 01....just time to update. The '01 truck, '13 Harley, '12 GSXR, '07 GSXR, dakota quad cab, 07 E250 extend van,'13 Homesteader, KDX dirtbikes....all paid for. Maybe I just wanna reward myself for a hard years work.

This time last year, I was in the hospice unit every day for 3 months with dad who had terminal brain cancer (earlier in the year he had leg amputated), sister had double mastectomy for breast cancer day after I put him in hospice, laid off from work with an extended medical leave to tend to dad...it was a rough time a year ago.

So yea, life is too short. If I wanna just come home and look at my new truck sittin' in the driveway after beating on rocks for 70 hrs a wk, then that would be just groovy by me. lol.

Ill never own a diesel, unless i decide to retire from rock pounding and be an owner/operator of a truck...i gots my CDL's.

4. Shenanigans

Shenanigans in Mr.Rogers neighborhood

My 1500 gets shitty gas mileage towing..FYI

5. gapman789

My buddy had an 08 Dodge 2500 with the Hemi...towing a 7x14 with 4-5 bikes, would get about 6 mpg at 80 mph.

A new truck wouldn't be pulling my trailer. The superduty van would do that. The new truck might pull a bobcat/trailer for the occassional side job.

6. gapman789

7. Shenanigans

Shenanigans in Mr.Rogers neighborhood

My 1500 gets 8mpg a 70-80 pulling 2 bikes in a 6x12