1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Do not push

Discussion in 'General' started by SClark, Sep 11, 2009.

1. SClark

SClark Righteous Indignator!

Why is this on the back of dump trucks?

2. frackadelic

frackadelic Buddha Stalin is Chronic

Have you ever tried pushing one? Sersiously, you'd get a hernia.

3. BC61

BC61 Well-Known Member

they frequently get stuck or are slow to get going. loader operators feel the need to give them a push with the bucket to help get them going and it screws up the dump gate

4. STT-Rider

STT-Rider Well-Known Member

The dump bed isn't strong enough. A push bar is attachd to the frame rails.

What I like is "Not responsible for items thrown from roadway".... as if all teh shit falling off their trucks isn't their concern. OSP made a zillion dollars one day near us for untarped, improperly tarped and unsafe (rock etc... falling off) loads. Nothing to piss you off like a big ass rock from some dude to lazy to broom his tail.

5. breaux

breaux Well-Known Member

After Hurricane Katrina I was working clean up and none of the haulers wanted to broom/tarp his trailer. Got a little heated at times. Until they realized we wrote the load tickets. No tarp....no payment. :up:

6. biggenyz426

biggenyz426 too big to fail

Right like the Miata in front of the truck is the one throwing BFR's through the air like insurance claim seeking missiles.

7. V5 Racer

V5 Racer Yo!

+1 zillion.

Not to mention the guys around here drive those things like maniacs.

8. Prov431

Prov431 I know WU

I always thought that "do not push" was similar to the nascrap idea of aero - push....you know, don't get on their ass and "push".

9. TurboBlew

TurboBlew Registers Abusers

I hate the tree farm trucks... basically loaded with frest cut trees spewing bark/debris everywhere! I got pelted twice from a truck that was the next lane over. :mad:

10. biggenyz426

I kinda thought this thread was going to be about the Sublime song.

11. ckruzel

ckruzel Graphicologist Xtremeist

i pass any loaded dump truck no passing zone or not, screw it, been down the road of a broken windshield and also been hit when riding the bike

12. nas19320

nas19320 Well-Known Member

I had a scrap metal truck dump a piece of sheet metal and scuff my headlight on my 2 week old jeep. I was pretty bummed and nothing I have tried has been able to get the scuff out. If I had been on the bike it would have taken my head or limb off.

13. V5 Racer

V5 Racer Yo!

I had a 4x4 come off a flat bed semi in front of me once, and if I had not ducked under it my head would have been removed as it bounced and tumbled down the Interstate.

14. I simply cannot stay 100' back. Every time I see that I think "watch my truck get damaged and they are going to say it is my fault because I didnt stay 100' back".

As if anybody stays 100' back from anything on the road.

15. BRKNtibia

BRKNtibia AMAfan Wannabe

Big chunks of ice coming off the roofs of trailers is dangerous too. Had one shatter my windshield last year (I was in a semi too). Luckily I kept it straight and was able to pull over safely.

16. pefrey

pefrey Well-Known Member

That's what I thought too.

17. eggfooyoung

eggfooyoung You no eat more!

I know a fella who had his windshield busted by a large rock off of a low-boy. After repeated calls to the trucking company and no response, he went to see them. The owner tells him the sign clearly states to "stay back 100'"and "not responsible...." He says, "Fine, don't pay for my windshield. But, when you come to work in the morning, there won't be a damn windshield in any of these trucks!" The owner quickly changed his tune and cut the man a check!

18. biggenyz426

All he would have to do is wear a sign around his neck that says "not responsible for broken windshields" and they can't touch him. :)

19. Just thinking of the sound that those little rocks make when they hit the windshield makes me cringe.

20. biggenyz426

I especially like the trucks carrying sand while uncovered going down the highway at 65mph, sandblasting is always good for the paint job.