1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DNC 2020 candidates.....

Discussion in 'The Dungeon' started by XFBO, Feb 2, 2019.

?

Who's going to be their top 3 candidates come 2020 guys/gals???

1. H. Clinton

4 vote(s)
    30.8%
  2. K. Harris

5 vote(s)
    38.5%
  3. C. Booker

1 vote(s)
    7.7%
  4. B. Sanders

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. ????? Name him/her?

3 vote(s)
    23.1%
  1. TurboBlew

TurboBlew Registers Abusers

Does that mean RuPaul will be getting the democratic nomination? :D

2. TXFZ1

TXFZ1 Well-Known Member

Obama can run again.

3. auminer

auminer Renaissance Redneck

Nope. Okra.

4. In Your Corner

In Your Corner Dungeonesque Crab AI Version

She would be tough to beat but I don't think she wants it.
    She's loved and admired now, why would she want to jump into that cesspool?

SpeedyE likes this.
  5. cpettit

cpettit Well-Known Member

I thought he was out with a rib injury from and angry neighbor?

6. jrsamples

jrsamples Banned

I think that this decision is a test of her ego. It should be abundantly obvious to her and her advisors that the crown is hers. All that she has to do is ask for it.

Consider what she has built from nothing. Truly remarkable. Look at what gets her off now. She is constantly looking for new challenges and rolls out new things. I think that she needs to build new things to feel purpose in her life and to make her eager to get up and go to work. Heaven knows that she doesn't need the money as a motivator. Heaven knows that she is completely comfortable being an executive, listening to advisors, and making decisions.

So, I say that she has already considered her next move. She's thinking, does the world need an improved califlower pizza or does the world need another First? Pizza ain't going to cut it because she knows what could be.

I think that she is at a point in her life where the thought of legacy reins. We'll see.

7. XFBO

XFBO Well-Known Member

What exactly do you Oprah fans need to hear her say?

IIRC, not only has she made it clear she's not interested but her BFF/ news reporter besty has made it even more clear that the woman still NEVEERRRR run. That she had no interest entering that circus arena.

I don't think it's a competency problem, she probably doesn't want to wield that level of responsibility, is my guess.

She's probably doing EVERYTHING she wants and enjoys now and wants to keep at it.

It would be interesting to see what happens if she does a 180.

8. auminer

PSSSSTTT... detective.... women have occasionally been known to be coy. :D

Plus, keep em guessing while you lay your groundwork seems a very smart strategy.

9. SGVRider

SGVRider Well-Known Member

This. Oprah could win handily. Trump paved the way. I think he’ll beat any conventional Democrat. Only reason for her to run is ego. She’s more powerful and free just being Oprah. For someone that driven and accomplished though, it can’t be easy to know you could be President of the United States and day “no thanks”. Oprah will be remembered a few decades after her death as is, but then the name will fade. As a President, she’ll be remembered and talked about for centuries to come. She clawed her way to the top from nothing. I can imagine the thought of being President has some pull when you know it can be yours.

10. brex

brex Well-Known Member

The way the dems are eating their own, she would likely stay out. That Starbucks dude is the only somewhat level headed one, and they are tearing him apart. I doubt Oprah would want to even deal with a minute of that shit.

11. auminer

But she's Oprah for cryin out loud... What the hell are they going to say about her? Starbucks guy is the evil white male. Kamala Harris laughed about putting black people in jail. Oprah's literally lived her life in front of cameras. I can't imagine any secrets. She DOES get a bit ostentatious with her wealth... that's gonna give detractors some ammo. But she's a multibillionaire who employs thousands. That earns you some perks, I'd say.

Oprah gives away cars & shit. She's a black female. She's the liberals wet dream.

If she announced her candidacy, stayed just left enough to lock up the nomination, and THEN went on a tour spouting a centrist platform with mending the divide in the country, knitting up the racial despair, kum-ba-ya for everyone ... I've said it before, she'd make 1984 look like a close race.

As was said... how do you pass up the opportunity to lock up a legacy? Or does she fear that president ISN'T enough control to guarantee that things will go well... if the economy ends up in the shitter, you take the blame. If a bunch of whackos fly planes into skyscrapers, you take the blame.... etc, etc. Perhaps that's the issue.

12. IrocRob

IrocRob Well-Known Member

As president, you just don't get everything done "your way" - and that is exactly how she became who she is, by doing things her way.
    Just my guess of course, but I think she is too smart to WANT the presidency. Emperor, Queen, Dictator, maybe......not president.

thrak410 likes this.
  13. Motofun352

Motofun352 Well-Known Member

If she ran a Bill Clinton type executive philosophy the RINO Repub's would have a hard time saying no. Couple that with the Dem votes and the effect would last until 2050....of course the Republic wouldn't make it that far. Better brush up on your Mandarin language skills if this were to happen. :Poke:

14. In Your Corner

In Your Corner Dungeonesque Crab AI Version

Everyone has skeletons in the closet, even Oprah.

15. auminer

I don't. Skeletons disintegrate in a hot enough fire. ;)

I can't imagine what dirt there is on her, though.

16. jrsamples

jrsamples Banned

There's a lot of good points, both ways. But at the end, it depends upon how much she values being remembered forever and having her face on a hundred dolla bill.

The thing about her is that the timing is absolute perfect, what with the social climate and the fact that we have OMB as President. She's the perfect anti-orange man for a boat load of reasons.

The key here is demographics. IF she were to run, she could carry all of the various groups including the majority of white women Republicans. The only voting resistance block that she would not get is about 40% of white males.

As The Gold Miner said, it COULD be an epic landslide.

The event she is sponsoring that includes Beto appearing makes me think that she might not enter the race. Or, she may be doing it because she already has a deal with that goof. She's smart. I pray she stays out.

17. Chango

Chango Something clever!

All of this silliness over nothing. I have it on good authority that Elizabeth Warren will be our president in 2020. Admittedly, the people saying that have never once mentioned exactly what she will do to attract anybody that is even slightly less left-leaning than Karl Marx, but they are certain!

jrsamples likes this.
  18. brex

brex Well-Known Member

I don't know that there is dirt necessarily. But like you said, she has been on camera for decades. I would be willing to bet there are shows from the 80s, 90s, maybe even something from the 00s that could be used against her by today's extremist, radical left wing party. And they absolutely would use it against her at the drop of a hat to get their own power.
    Just my opinion, but I would think she would rather than have that microscope and be content being an influencer with endorsements, etc. - where she is quite effective.

19. Cawk Star

Cawk Star Well-Known Member

Just pissed myself when I scrolled down and saw this. RIP Mean Gene.

20. jrsamples

jrsamples Banned

Every show of hers that I've ever seen sets her up to look good. They tend to present her as a unifier. I haven't heard anyone say that she's a hard person to work for like Cankles Clinton. I just can't imagine that there's much there there.

I think that there is a good chance that she might like to be the king maker.