1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Discussion about D200 Supersport bikes, please?

Discussion in 'General' started by Once a Wanker.., Mar 10, 2023.

1. Once a Wanker..

Once a Wanker.. Always a Wanker!

Modifications allowed, performance indexing, weight limits, and other things enquiring minds would like to know, please?
    I understand the basics, but it's a challenge to keep up with the ever changing rules, for me anyway.

I am guessing someone will ask me who's on what bike, at some point this weekend.

2. Who's on what bike?

3. Banditracer

Banditracer Dogs - because people suck

4. Pneumatico Delle Vittorie

Pneumatico Delle Vittorie Retired "Tire" Guy

Who's on first!

Once a Wanker.. likes this.
  5. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

Herrin's on pole on the Duc. I hope it doesn't need 2 engines to win/finish like Disalvo's did years back. :D

[​IMG]

6. Pneumatico Delle Vittorie

Pneumatico Delle Vittorie Retired "Tire" Guy

7. Used2befast

Used2befast Well-Known Member

Per the rules all bikes will be 4 stroke.
    400-636cc - 4 cyl
    500-800cc - 3 cyl
    600-955cc - 2 cyl

8. Once a Wanker..

How much does Herrin's Ducati weigh? How much do the the other top 4 bikes? How much are the RPM's limited on the the top 4 bikes? Any limits on engine modifications, besides the stated class displacement limits? Is chassis and frame modifications limited in any way? Are electronic controls unlimited, and ECU boxes also changeable?

All of this information and more, is what I'm looking for. I've searched the MotoAmerica website, and only found the cylinder and CC limitations listed there. How is MA figuring out how to get such parity from so many different engine configurations?

9. Once a Wanker..

Yes, this is all I could find.
    With equally allowed modifications applied to all of these various engines, I would presume everyone would be on a 955cc twin.

10. moto316

moto316 Well-Known Member

11. Steady T

Steady T Xaus Power

Tree-fiddy.

GixxerBlade likes this.
  12. Booger

Booger Well-Known Member

I thought M4 was running a 750?

Once a Wanker.. likes this.
  13. Once a Wanker..

My fuzzy recollections would have me say they are, indeed racing a 750.

The same spotty memory bank has me thinking the new Suzuki GSX-R750's are twin cylinder now, but it is equally likely that I am 100% mistaken...

This is exactly why I made the post I have, @Booger. The 'rules' ain't as straight-forward as I seem to remember them, back in the day.

14. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

I'm stuck at work with some washed up R&B acts.

POST SOME FKING PICS!

JERKS.

britx303 likes this.
  15. GixxerBlade

GixxerBlade Oh geez

I think Josh Herrin’s bike had Italian cams

TurboBlew likes this.
  16. Skter505

Skter505 Well-Known Member

Make sure you have the right year airfilter

17. Gino230

Gino230 Well-Known Member

Cliff notes:

1. Chassis rules haven't really changed with the exception of weight. There's a combined bike and rider weight, so if you're a bigger guy, you can change some small parts like subframes so it's not so much of an advantage for the midgets.
    2. Electronics: All bikes must run the MotoAmerica Spec ECU. The adjustment is limited and for the Next Gen bikes (Triumph 765, Duc V2, GSXR 750) a control map is provided by MotoAmercia and limits things like throttle butterfly opening, timing at certain RPM, etc to make the bikes more even. They can rebalance (change the map) periodically and MA monitors things like corner exit speeds vs. trap speeds to try and keep it even. As an example, the Ducati throttle butterflies only open 80%. The triumph has timing retarded at higher RPM.
    3. Engine mods are traditional super sport, with the exception of Kit Cams and velocity stacks allowed for the R6. There is a little porting allowed for the R6 but it's very minor.

Personally, I think they have done a good job with the balancing. The bikes are pretty close, as we saw with all 4 brands running up front at some point.

18. britx303

britx303 Boomstick Butcher…..

Posting f*cking pics will get us banned!! No PRON allowed!!!!! :moon:

19. Once a Wanker..

Thank you, @Gino230. I had heard some of this information at Road Atlanta last year, but with it being somewhat hearsay, I was looking for some accurate perspective.

Gino230 likes this.