1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Dirt bike dickheads…….??

Discussion in 'General' started by britx303, Dec 13, 2022.

Tags:
  1. Sabre699

Sabre699 Wait...hold my beer.

:moon: :crackup:

2. fastfreddie

fastfreddie Midnight Oil Garage

:D
    Once you go black...

I should hit the coal lands and take pics of the bike afterwards. E_V_E_R_Y_T_H_I_N_G is black.
    Fortunately, it washes off...unlike that awful, god-forsaken, eternally staining, red Georgia clay. I don't ride red dirt bikes, for cryin' out loud. BTDT.

Sabre699 likes this.
  3. SpeedyE

SpeedyE Experimental prototype, never meant for production

Slowly getting there

Capture.JPG

hang3.JPG

Last edited: May 30, 2023
    Jed, TurboBlew and britx303 like this.
  4. SpeedyE

Dodging a bullet.
    A literal inch(es) from T-boning a tree, then wacking it with my rear end. Skill/Reflexes/Fight + Luck!

britx303 likes this.
  5. SpeedyE

A GREAT/BLESSED day for my Poochi, 4-2023

Jed, Senna and britx303 like this.
  6. SpeedyE

I had a >50% tongue transplant (manufactured a tongue from my wrist and most of my forearm), and i also suffered a Massive stroke leaving me unable to speak/communicate at all, so now I don't talk correctly, I sound drunk..... but I am not.
    Just explaining, before I start posting our dirtybike vids :)

We also brand new to dirtbikes, so that's why we ride so poopy :)

Last edited: Aug 2, 2023
    cpettit likes this.
  7. SpeedyE

I'm on the #51 bike :)

britx303 and cpettit like this.
  8. SpeedyE

9. SpeedyE

10. SpeedyE

11. rd400racer

rd400racer Well-Known Member

I've had a 96 YZ250 for a while but it's been at a friend's for years. My son and I are wanting to get into woods riding so we've been eyeing the classifieds. Found a decent 97 RMX250 but I know nothing about dirt bikes. Are these good woods bikes?

SpeedyE likes this.
  12. bpro

bpro Big Ugly Fat F*****

Just toss a 13 oz flywheel weight and possibly a reed spacer and the 96 YZ250 is actually a pretty good offroad bike. I raced a new YZ250 each year from 95-99 and the 96 had a nice power delivery and suspension stock.

Yamaha YZ 250 96-98 Flywheel Weight (814H) (steahlyoffroad.com)
    Moose Torque Spacer Kit - M560-08-411 Dirt Bike Motocross - Dennis Kirk

If you decide to go that route, I have a 3+ gallon tank and possibly a skid plate that will fit that bike. Both yours next time you are up near Cincinnati.

The RMX was basically built on an old (89 I believe)RM chassis and motor detuned and overweight, but was a fun offroad machine

SpeedyE and rd400racer like this.
  13. Kurlon

Kurlon Well-Known Member

I'll second that, I've got a 92 mongrel hybrid WR/YZ250, it's a sweetheart motor and the chassis is decent too.

SpeedyE likes this.
  14. rd400racer

Sorry, I phrased my question a bit confusingly. I'm not concerned about the YZ, I've already have that and know how it is. It's the RMX I was curious about. But since I wrote that yesterday I talked to the owner and it looks like we're buying it.

We actually have a plan. Since we raced at VMD's this year, we're going to try the double next year...road and dirt. We'd liked to give the hare scramble a go even though we haven't ridden dirt in years.

SpeedyE likes this.
  15. grasshopper

grasshopper Well-Known Member

I was talking with a friend about that the other day. Road race one day and ride offroad the other day. I've never been to VMD and it's long over due to go. Shit... just the party looks worth it to show up. LOL

SpeedyE and rd400racer like this.
  16. grasshopper

I won the prestigious 40+ class on the old YZ250 at the Roselawn Indiana sprint Enduro Saturday through the Sun Aura Nudist Colony. There was some decent rural Indiana talent at the sand dune check point in the middle of the woods. The more girls asses you slap at the check point the more shots the nudists have to do. There's definitely some sites in the woods you DO NOT want to see. I almost smacked a tree full pinned in 3rd when I spotted a whale sucking her tit on a golf cart.
    upload_2023-8-16_8-0-53.png

SpeedyE, britx303, cpettit and 2 others like this.
  17. rd400racer

That's what I'm talking about! Sounds like a blast and it's just a few hours from me. We'll have to check that out next year. Do they have an over 60 class?:D

18. grasshopper

Yes and the old dudes are fast. I averaged just under 14mph through the 4 loops and they were averaging 14 - 15+ mph. There was some tight lock to lock trail back there too

upload_2023-8-16_8-35-35.png

rd400racer likes this.
  19. Mechdziner714

Mechdziner714 More Gas Less Brakes

After working on a 92DR650 you couldn't give me a Suzuki. You want a great woods bike get a KDX. Fredette is the KDX guru

20. Sabre699

Sabre699 Wait...hold my beer.

I might have believed that if he didn't take his ride from "Murdered in Black" back to that green shit. :D