1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Direction of first SE race

Discussion in 'General' started by fin1exp, Jan 19, 2001.

1. fin1exp

fin1exp Well-Known Member

Which direction will the talladega race be run?
    Eric

2. Tracee Polcin

Tracee Polcin Pic by IYF Photo

Damn it Eric I was going to ask that one too and forgot to post it. Hopefully it will be clockwise, wouldn't want to have to flip the old tires around. [​IMG]

3. gocr6

gocr6 i fall down....

eric, are you nervous yet? all this talk about grid sizes and stuff.... [​IMG]

4. YamahaRick

YamahaRick Yamaha Two Stroke Czar

It will be clockwise. Remember, the NC is always run CW. That weekend is in May. The April round will be CCW. The February round will therefore be CW.

Didn't I answer this once before?

Rick

5. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Yup, so did I... gonna have to teach these kids how to run a search on the BBS [​IMG]

6. TSR

TSR Well-Known Member

Or start an FAQ. [​IMG]

7. fin1exp

fin1exp Well-Known Member

Search, Whats that? [​IMG] Why would I search for something when I can just ask and get an answer. [​IMG]
    Grant, You are no longer allowed to ask me questions. First its, "Have you ever wrecked" and then I wreck. Now its " are you nervous". The race is 3 weeks away and I am already having trouble sleeping at night. This sucks.
    Eric
    p.s.-I like clockwise the best I think.

8. Fuzzy317

Fuzzy317 a Crash Truck near you

I think CCW is better than CW.

9. wrenn

wrenn Well-Known Member

to borrow from a 'famous' college basketball athlete...'it doesn't matter to me, i shoots wit my right, i shoots wit my left, cause i'm amphibious' ....doh!!! sort of makes you wonder about the definition of student athlete [​IMG].

10. Tracee Polcin

My first race was in Februay 1997. I know we went CC because I crashed in T1 and broke my thumb. So Rick your theory doesn't hold water.

11. vlwebdesigns

vlwebdesigns Well-Known Member

I started dead last in the 600 Novice race at VIR. It's not as bad as it seems. Think of it as the best seat to watch the turn one action. Everyone scrambles for position and does a little rubbin'. Speedvision can't get you as close as this will...

12. YamahaRick

Hmm; and that round is when I won my first wood. :)

I can't search the 1997 WERA results (I wish I could; I actually raced back then), however, I would bet that the NC round was the NEXT TGPR round, which ... was run CW.

In 2001, the NC is the THIRD TGPR event of the year.

Rick

13. Tracee Polcin

And the last event at TGPR in 2000 was run CC.

14. Tracee Polcin

Wait a minute here. What does the sportsman stuff have anything to do with the NC stuff? Because the NC is a stand alone event now with no sportsman races. [​IMG]

15. YamahaRick

Tracee, you are mixing apples with oranges with regard to your thought process. It doesn't matter if a TGPR round is NC standalone, Sportsman, or both. The way Sean explained previously is that REGARDLESS of number of rounds or type, the NC round is ALWAYS run in the CW direction.

In addition, the direction of travel at TGPR is always reversed each time. Use the NC round as your initial point of reference, and work backwards (or forwards) from there.

May = NC = CW
    April = Sportsman & Vintage = CCW
    February = Sportsman = CW

-or-

May = NC = CW
    August = Sportsman & Vintage = CCW

Got it? :)

Rick

16. Lee Acree

Lee Acree Well-Known Member

I remember that Wrenn. We still laugh about that and quote it all the time. Thanks for the chuckle.
    Laurie

17. GSXRGUY

GSXRGUY Guest

Student Athlete...isn't that an oxymoron?

18. Tracee Polcin

Ah forget it. [​IMG]

19. wrenn

wrenn Well-Known Member

i see you caught that one too [​IMG]

20. footwork

footwork Honda Research Analyst

Charles Shackleford - NC State 1982?
    [​IMG]