1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Daytona roll call

Discussion in 'WERA Vintage' started by phantom 309, Feb 13, 2009.

1. phantom 309

phantom 309 Well-Known Member

Anyone in for the trip to the big track?Then hit jennings on the way home.:)

2. YAM#849

YAM#849 y'all watch this...

just the big track, unless my company wants to give me an extra week's vacation this year.

3. WERA854

WERA854 Well-Known Member

Daytona: NO Jennings: YES

Tim
    Y'all have fun...I've got nothing that's Daytona/AHRMA capable right now, but I might show up to watch the Superbike race on Thurs...then on to Jennings to launch the humble Honda in 350GP.

4. Steve 976

Steve 976 Well-Known Member

I'm in for Roebling, Daytona maybe. gotta work on the work numbers.

5. 71Norton

71Norton Well-Known Member

i'm in for 350 sportsman on my underpowered 350GP Honda and then hit Jennings on the way back.

Keith

6. CharlieY

CharlieY Well-Known Member

Yo Tim, Looks like I'm in for all:D

Roebling, both Daytona days 350 and 500 Sportsman, then Jennings on the way home:up:

Looking forward to running my REAL V1 motor:p...hope I dont have to pull out the spare stocker I ran at Tally last week.

Then....I'm done for awhile...probably till Barber in may.:(

7. T.Read

T.Read Well-Known Member

It's starting to look like I will be able to make it down now. Work got stupid slow in these past two months and I started selling a bunch of junk I had laying around on ebay and craigslist. Now I should have money to get me down there and back which is what I worried about. Took the bike out on a few shakedown cruises yesterday and made some more adjustments and I think I can stay straight now on that long as hell track. Got a stretch of road by my parent's place that's about 3/4 mile long so I got it wide open to see how it did.

8. NYCNorton

NYCNorton Holmeslice

Timmy, I'm in for the big track F750. You'd better suit up and fire up that lawnmower! :Poke:

9. Moore007

Moore007 Well-Known Member

I'm goin' to do Roebling and maybe, just maybe come back for Jennings.

10. 787RR

787RR Well-Known Member

The Poolers will be there waving the Rotax flag on Can-Am and a Buell :)

11. Triumph#207

Triumph#207 Well-Known Member

I'm currently in consultation with HRH Queen Liz re-subject matter and will inform you of her decision forthwith:D

12. phantom 309

So your saying in the morning when i put the beast together leave one piston out so I can make it a race with the nortons.:Poke:My billet is shinning in the dinning room.:p

13. Definately in for Jennings...may do Tuesday Daytona. Wayne, congrats on Tally!

14. Moore007

Moore007 Well-Known Member

Thanks Brian,

Look forward to chasing you on that gorgeous 4.

15. WERA33

WERA33 Well-Known Member

pre entered daytona. if i have the bikes finnished ill go to sav F-250 F500.

16. YAM#849

YAM#849 y'all watch this...

Did you try to crank the 360 when you got home?

17. NYCNorton

NYCNorton Holmeslice

While you're trying to bolt those rusty bits together, I'm up here polishing her up. Less drag.

18. 83BSA

83BSA Well-Known Member

Savannah & Jennings.

I have little desire to spend the money and time for the headaches and expense of Daytona and the hassles with the track-Nazis. Plus, I find it too early in the season to be performing rebuilds after just the second race . . . Daytona is hard on old motors.

See ya in 10 days. I hope . . . .

19. phantom 309

Good cause I will be dragging your butt around the banking with less drag.You NY guys worry me when you talk drag.:)

20. phantom 309

Oh come on.Im doing all three and the triumph won't even be winded.:)