1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

daytona purse posted

Discussion in 'General' started by ahastings, Feb 5, 2010.

1. ahastings

ahastings Well-Known Member

http://www.amaproracing.com/assets/AMAPro-CompBull_04.pdf

Can someone explain the ama philosophy of paying the same amount for several positions? I think it would make more sense to make the payout decrease for each position back. As a racer I think it would give more incentive and provide better racing if each position was a different dollar amount.

2. regularguy

regularguy Always Krispy

So what happened to only the top 3 in superbike getting purse money, or is this just for Daytona?

3. ThrottleAbuse

ThrottleAbuse Will Race for CASH!

I was just looking at this when it came in. Sad that the two last place finishers in a Nascar race make more then the entire purse for the biggest MC race in the country.

4. Angel

Angel Well-Known Member

Says "Daytona Event Purse Information". Maybe they're "desperate" to get more people on the grid for the season opener.

5. Poppa Wheelie

Poppa Wheelie Washed up has been!

that has to be Daytona only

6. turner38

turner38 Well-Known Member

Thats one hell of a lot better than it was.:up:

7. milroyjr

milroyjr Flatlander

+1

I think they are looking to fill some grid positions..

8. Poppa Wheelie

Anyone know the title sponsor? Daytona 200 brought to you by???????

9. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Honda

10. leviathan

leviathan Well-Known Member

I touched upon this here Arnie. http://forums.13x.com/showpost.php?p=2802063&postcount=118 Even did up some numbers based on the originally posted 2010 Daytona Sportbike payouts.

I still can't figure out why it's not on a decreasing scale...

Either way this new Daytona Purse payout is a huge step in the right direction. Who cares WHY, I'm just glad to see that they DID.

11. auminer

auminer Renaissance Redneck

That's not quite true.... it usually takes the last three. :D

However, a rookie finished last in the Daytona 500 last year, and his prize money was almost 40% more than the entire purse posted in that pdf. That includes alot of contingency money, but still....

12. Garyb425

Garyb425 Well-Known Member

When the new purses were announced they said something like 'except at Daytona'.

13. Britt

Britt Well-Known Member

THANK YOU to Jim France and AMA Pro Racing and All Others Involed in moving this decision forward, this is a huge step in the right direction...:up::up:

14. leviathan

+1:up::beer::rock:

15. ahastings

daytona has traditionally had a bigger purse then the rest except last year

16. leviathan

Had a bigger purse last year too. They paid $5,000 for 20th. Rest of the year 20th = $3,000.

17. mike w

mike w Knarf's buddy

yep
    even 80th pretty much got their entry fee back

18. ahastings

the 200 used to pay everyone that made the cut at least something, which is the way all the rounds should be imho.

19. Poppa Wheelie

At least they didnt pull all of their support..Prob has alot to do with supercoss and that it 'is" Daytona.

Who is sponsoring some of the other races/racetracks this year? In other words who is going to be putting up the purse for the races?

20. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!