1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Daytona Choppy Throttle Fix!

Discussion in 'Tech' started by NickM606, Mar 25, 2003.

1. NickM606

NickM606 4 wheels is 2 too many!

I'm sure someone has done this already, but to anyone looking for a fix for the "choppy throttle" most Triumph Daytonas have, here it is.

All I did to fix it was to put some chain lube on the throttle assembly at the intake ports (on the spring of the throttle dish thingy, and any other moving parts/cables) and some lithium grease under the grip assembly. No more chatter or choppyness coming out of corners. Real smooth.

Nick

2. Bruce Brown

Bruce Brown Well-Known Member

Hey Nick,

Good to hear it was such an easy fix.

On my 02 Daytona all we had to do was take some slack out of the throttle cable for me to be comfortable on the track.

Like some smart tech always says, "check the simple things first"

:D

3. daytona

daytona Well-Known Member

on my 02 a quarter turn throttle is the way to go. I know a certain dealer on the west coast that doesn't sell one without it.

John

4. NickM606

NickM606 4 wheels is 2 too many!

WHERE THE F$CK DID YOU GET A 1/4 turn???? PLEASE let me know!!!

Nick

5. daytona

daytona Well-Known Member

motion pro sells them so you should be able to get them from any dealer. Makes a huge difference on the '02 for sure.
    John

6. Bruce Brown

Bruce Brown Well-Known Member

Nick,

You'll have to catch John at the track some time this year. He has factory connections ;-) REALLY!