Customized Pro Bike Numbers

Discussion in 'General' started by DrA5, Feb 7, 2008.

1. RumbleStrip

RumbleStrip Well-Known Member

I've sat in the press room enough times over the last what 8 years and watched the electronic timing and scoring. This is the primary way that motorcycles are tracked on course. I can count the number of times on one hand that T&S has had an issue for final qualifying or the actual race.

I LIKE the jazzed up numbers.

2. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

You score off the side plates? We just worry about the front for scoring and the sides for everyone else. Gave up on sides for scoring a couple few years back one they got useless. Of course we don't have cameras either :)

At Daytona just put the camera on the outside fence, it'll get a great clear shot of the line and the side plates.

FWIW - riders can run a single rear plate on top for our stuff, but they have to have the sides as well. I like 4 plates even better than 3.

3. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

I can count way more than that for AMA Pro alone since they went to transponders. However - they have been great lately due to the people doing the job and they fix the issues before you notice they happen.

4. DrA5

DrA5 The OTHER Great Dane

If we are to only talk about WERA stuff here, well that would take out 98.65% of the content. Thats just a guestimate on my part..........

5. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

I don't have a problem with talking about other content - but Jimmy was acting as if we couldn't discuss WERA because the thread was about AMA. That's not how it works...

6. fourandsix

fourandsix Well-Known Member

Mongo , i don't know why you got that impression? I was just clarifying that the question was pertaining to AMA. Sorry you felt that way.. jim

Last edited: Feb 8, 2008