1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Custom leathers from Vanson.

Discussion in 'General' started by R Hood, Feb 24, 2001.

1. R Hood

R Hood Go NG Bulldogs

2. Laurie Acree

Laurie Acree Well-Known Member

So you like those do ya? Lee and I designed them. They really kick on the bike.

3. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

I saw them at the Indy show and they do look great, of course they need just one more touch to be perfect - a WERA patch [​IMG]

SOrry - too easy to pass up [​IMG]

4. wera122

wera122 Guest

Ahh, nothing like a new set of custom leathers from Vanson. It's almost better than ripping open presents on Christmas morning. [​IMG]

I picked up my new set last year on Thursday before the National at CMP. Then I went out and promptly broke them in. Nothing like a high speed slide on wet pavement to give new leathers some character. [​IMG]

5. Laurie Acree

Wait a minute...didn't you just give me grief about talking about crashing on the other post. I really hope you can take this all back. Lee has a major event in one week in new leathers. [​IMG] I'm not at all superstitious, huh?

Mongo, I guess the Wera patch will have to replace that Wrenchead.com patch huh?

6. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

LOL - works for me although somehow I doubt it will work for SFX [​IMG] Too bad though you already had the wrenchead patch on and then they pulled out, sux to have pretty leathers with stitch marks in them for nothing. If SFX is nice they'll make the new sponsor logos (assuming they find one soon) the same shape and size.

7. Opie#7

Opie#7 Well-Known Member

About the Vanson's - they are definitely sweet! I got mine a few weeks ago and they are beautiful! Laurie - you and Lee did an awesome job on his suit! I especially like the chrome!

8. Rusnak_322

Rusnak_322 FOX Mullet

9. Rain Director

Rain Director Old guy

Ummmmmmmm... Ed..... you had a G-string and a drop hatch sewn onto your leathers?

ROTFLMFAO! [​IMG]

10. Laurie Acree

Thanks Opie. Will you be in Daytona?

11. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Laurie, do me a favor please, when you get to the track, tell Susan that the best I have for an antenna idea right now is to use longer coax and move the entire box with the current antenna as high as possible - especially at Daytona.

Thanks!!!! Your other post about Chuck being on the road made me realize they might not get email for a while...

12. Laurie Acree

Okay Mongo.

13. R Hood

R Hood Go NG Bulldogs

Laurie, Is the lite grey areas all chrome. It is tough to see in the picture, but if it is.. You've done a great job..

[This message has been edited by R Hood (edited 02-25-2001).]

14. Laurie Acree

The gray is all chrome. Shiny chrome. If you use this use it sparingly b/c it is a lot. It is nice that they have a new blue that is Suzuki blue now. Thanks. I hope everyone on Arclight gets a lot of wear out them this year!!! [​IMG]

15. David Boosales

David Boosales Well-Known Member

Laurie has a long history of designing cool leathers. She did a set for me back in '97. So, email her if you are interested in her services. Her rates are pretty reasonable. [​IMG]

16. wera122

wera122 Guest

Tell Lee to go and roll in the dirt once he gets them. Call it "pre-crashing" if you will. I made the mistake of not doing that first because I didn't want to dirty up my pretty new leathers.

Hindsight being 20/20 I would have much rather done that than the rolling I did in the sand trap at Carolina. [​IMG]

17. Laurie Acree

That is funny. I asked Lee if he had scuffed his leathers in the driveway yet just this morning.

Boo, what happened to those leathers?

18. stickboy274

stickboy274 Stick-a-licious Tire Dude

he probably crashed them into oblivion

19. wera122

wera122 Guest

Yeah, it's funny now but it wasn't funny at the time. I was leading that damn race! [​IMG]

And to make matters worse, the calipers were so caked with sand the front wheel wouldn't move. I had to stand there for the rest of the race and watch all my friends wave as they went by. [​IMG]

I was so filthy they wouldn't even let me ride in the crash truck. I had to get in the bed with my bike. So much for the new leathers. [​IMG]

20. stickboy274

stickboy274 Stick-a-licious Tire Dude

he he. the ride if shame.