1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Cross-country move coming up. Anyone have Uhaul/Penske/etc hookups?

Discussion in 'General' started by leviathan, Apr 9, 2010.

1. leviathan

leviathan Well-Known Member

Hi,

I have a cross-country move coming up soon (2.5 weeks or so). Anyone have any friends or relatives that work in the moving truck world? I need to rent a 24'ish boxtruck and tow a car too.

I've done Boston to Cali and back within the last 3 years so I know what it entails.. hence looking for someone who can hookup some kind of discount. Every bit helps!

Thanks BEEB.

2. Hyperdyne

Hyperdyne Indy United SBK

Go to your local post office. They usually have readily available coupon packs that offer pretty good discounts for Ryder/Penske etc... They also have coupoins for HD, Lowe's...

3. BC

BC Well-Known Member

:stupid:

ask for a change of address form and they'll give you an envelope full of goodies.

I especially like the Lowes 10% off one shopping trip coupon. :D

4. EnvyCycles

EnvyCycles D.RoD

I just did the move about 6 months ago and I checked the rates on Budget, Penske, Uhaul.
    When you find the best rate, you book it and then a day later you call them and say you want to cancel due to you got a better deal else where and you will book with them.
    They will ask how much you are getting it for, tell them something thats 20% less then what you booked it for. ask tehm to match it.

5. wingsonwheels

wingsonwheels Well-Known Member

Sometimes it is cheaper to buy a truck and sell it at the other end.

6. turbodogs02

turbodogs02 Just batting at the bunny

I just moved from Northern Cali to So. Cal, and after getting a quote over $500 from Uhaul, I checked out Budget and got a 24ft truck under $400 with unlimited miles and something like 4 days or so. The truck was super nice, clean, and the people on both ends (pick-up and drop-off) were very polite and friendly.

Overall a much better experience then I've ever had renting any of Uhaul's equipment. :up:

7. ChemGuy

ChemGuy Harden The F%@# Up!

3years ago I did socal to ATL and penske was great. Joined AAA and saved like $400-500. 24' and trailer, much nicer, newer than uhaul, ryder etc.

have fub moving.:(