1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

CRF 50 throttle sticking question

Discussion in 'General' started by Ducpimp, Jul 14, 2005.

1. Ducpimp

Ducpimp Well-Known Member

Hey everyone,

I bought a BBR handle bar kit for my 05 CRF 50 and when I installed it the throttle is sticking and barely moves. I called BBR and the best they offered was the line sold in the kit might be too short and had me do a couple small adjustmentswhich did not correct the problem. Has anyone had the same issue? If so how was it fixed?

Thanks

Aaron

2. gixxerfever

gixxerfever Well-Known Member

does it stick with the housing loose? did you route the cable properly? if you remove the cable from the housing does it return normally?

3. Trev230EX

Trev230EX Put me in coach

Check that the cable was routed correctly back into the slide ontop of the carb. Since you mentioned that the throttle grip barely moves the housing could be to tight on the bar or need to be cut a little. Is it a BBR Throttle that you put on the bar kit?

4. Ducpimp

I have checked the throttle respose with the slide out of the carb and it moves a little better but not much. The kit is a full BBR kit with new front brake, throttle assembly and kill switch. As far as running the throttle cable, it goes from the right side through the front clip like the stock one and straight to the carb. Does that sound right?

5. Tex

Tex Well-Known Member

loosen one screw on the housing of the throttle grip.

It should release and work smoothly. You probably just overtightened.

6. Ducpimp

Thanks for the help everyone, I am not sure what it exactly was but the throttle is great now. It might have been a combination of many things.

Thanks again,