Crackheads of Facebook Marketplace

Discussion in 'General' started by motion, Apr 22, 2024.

1. Once a Wanker..

Once a Wanker.. Always a Wanker!

Sometimes it's the simple things in life, @motion

Not dissimilar to your Metris quest.

motion likes this.
  2. SpeedWerks Racing

SpeedWerks Racing Well-Known Member

3. Banditracer

Banditracer Dogs - because people suck

I've got a JR50 listed on FB for $1000. Last night my wife gets a message, " will you take 400 ? ". I told her don't even dignify that with a reply. :rolleyes:

MrGooch and skidooboy like this.
  4. pickled egg

pickled egg There is no “try”

Tree fiddy?

5. HPPT

HPPT !!!

"Yes, but that won't get you the bike."

RichB, Sabre699, ToofPic and 2 others like this.
  6. IrocRob

IrocRob Well-Known Member

I had the R6 I just sold posted in 3 places: Facebook, Craigslist, and here on the beeb.
    I will NEVER post anything for sale on facebook again. Every message was a question
    that could have been answered by reading the text of the ad or a lowball offer. Huge waste of time.
    Ended up selling to a friend.

skidooboy likes this.
  7. Tristan

Tristan Well-Known Member

listed a Craftsman riding mower a few days ago (non-running but otherwise clean) for $150 and within an hour got 40 people losing their minds over it... got offers of $175, $200 (x2) and one dumbass offered $400. Since I'm a stand up guy, I let the first guy that responded take it for $150. As a reward, 2 days later I get questions about it from the guy that my buyer flipped it to. He got pissy when I suggested he ask the guy he bought from.

Currently have a Yamaha Xmax for sale, so far got one "can you take payments?" and one "is that 585cc's?"

8. motion

motion Nihilistic Member

I've listed my Himalayans for sale on marketplace before. Nobody knows about these things, so endless questions about engine capacity, size, speed, etc, even tho I include that info in my ad. Things you could Google in 3 seconds. SMH

9. deathwagon

deathwagon Well-Known Member

You know those classic car barn finds you here about, where a dude has 50 high value muscle cars covered in dust? They sit there rotting, because when he tried to sell the first one, some jackass replied with "Still for sell? Would you trade for a Ford Fiesta plus $200 cash?". Dude said fuck it, not worth dealing with the morons.

10. A. Barrister

A. Barrister Well-Known Member

That's when you say yes, and have him meet you someplace, and don't show up.

Razr likes this.
  11. skidooboy

skidooboy supermotojunkie

I am the exact same way. I dont respond to low ball offers, at all. If I answer a bunch of questions and then a low ball offer comes, I tell them, I will pour gas on it, light it on fire and post it on youtube, before I accept an offer like that, then never respond to them again, even if they come up to a full price offer. If they ask a question noted in the add, I dont respond. If they cant read and comprehend, it isnt worth dealing with them. I have had guys get pissy with me onsite for not budging on price, or having them tell me wild stories of their 200mph running from cop stories... I have walked them outside, closed my garage door, telling them sorry... It is not for sale any longer. Ski

Pride & Joy, ToofPic and motion like this.
  12. chobes

chobes Well-Known Member

Simple solution - provide the low-ballers with the address to your local comedy club.

13. tony 340

tony 340 Well-Known Member

I'm at the point now when I buy trailers at work I have the whole frame galvanized right from the start and that way I never ever have to worry about selling it and all of the shit that comes along with it

14. tgold

tgold Well-Known Member

I had a guy offer me $1500 for my EXC200 that I had listed for $2700. I said something like: "Sure I'll take $1500. Add another $1200 and the bike is yours" He replied with a bunch of lol's

15. MrGooch

MrGooch Well-Known Member

I sold my terrible Ace single rail trailer on FB marketplace. There was one like 20 miles away at $700 and had a fender hanging off by the wiring harness because the fender welds broke. I had put some overbuilt brackets on mine after having the same exact problem and listed it for $600 because I wanted it gone before the Kendon arrived.

Anyway it was your usual mix of buyers and bullshit. The first guy to offer $600 got it and all those fools who offered $200-300 I directed straight to the other listing. :)

Truth be told, though, the Ace trailer was built like it cost $200 brand new.

16. motion

motion Nihilistic Member

I listed a perfect like new Lenovo tablet with speaker dock a few days ago for $50. Cost me over $300. Older lady shows up to buy it. She knows nothing about tech and wants to take it home to "test it out". We live in a small town, so sometimes you gotta suck it up and roll with it. Off she goes with my tablet without any payment. Says she'll be back in an hour. 4 hours go by. I msg her. She doesn't want it and wants me to drive to her house and pick it up. I drive over there. She gives it back to me in a plastic grocery bag with everything rubbing against each other. I take it back home. Small scratch in the screen now. I clean it up and fire it up. She's created a password protected login. I msg her for the login. We go back and forth for several hours with several different guesses before I can finally unlock it. You can't make this shit up. That $50 gets me 2 glasses of wine at the hoity toity joint downtown, so I am persistent, when I should just throw it in the garbage.

17. motion

motion Nihilistic Member

Sounds like a good way to get your house burnt down.

18. HPPT

HPPT !!!

NO, YOU DON'T! :mad:

Is there a school in our town? Drive there, give it to the kid with the highest GPA. I'll send you the 50 bucks. God damn!

YamRZ350, TurboBlew and beac83 like this.
  19. YamahaRick

YamahaRick Yamaha Two Stroke Czar

Sounds like you have a drinking problem.

20. motion

motion Nihilistic Member

LOL, its life in a small town. Like when people whip out their checkbook and start writing me a check. I have to question which planet I'm on, but remember that I live in a small town.