1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

CR125 HELP

Discussion in 'General' started by six6two, Feb 26, 2017.

1. six6two

six6two AWD

Ok I've found an 03 CR125 that needs a top end. 99% sure I'm picking it up today. However, I hear that the 05-07's had MUCH better engines, but I can't find any specifics.. This one's getting bored out to 144 anyways.. and the 03 chassis is supposed to be a good one. So can any Honda experts on here steer me away from this money pit??

2. Past Glory

Past Glory I still have several AVON calendars from the 90's

You're upkitting the engine, why does it matter?

3. six6two

six6two AWD

Shouldn't... but if an 05+ would be better after a build, for whatever reason, I'll just wait. No particular need for this bike right now, but I do see a smoking deal on a bike needing a rebuild, and that is just what I need, plus 05-07's seem to be unicorns..

4. Past Glory

Past Glory I still have several AVON calendars from the 90's

When has "need" ever mattered when it came to a motorcycle purchase? Heck, if "need" were a criteria, the motorcycle industry would collapse in a day.:D

5. Robby-Bobby

Robby-Bobby Steeltoe’s Daddy

Get a 250 and be done with it if you're set on a 2 stroke

Boman Forklift, condon66 and six6two like this.
  6. six6two

six6two AWD

Oh make no mistake... I NEED this imaginary bike I've already spent tons of imaginary money on. I just don't need to spend money on a dirtbike right now. That said, I'm picking up a 125 today! :D:D

I've got an RM250 that I absolutely love, but it keeps spitting me off on MX tracks in a bad way. It will kill me one day if I keep that up. For instance, just tucked the front in a pretty fast sweeper on a sandy track in FL and got a grade II shoulder separation. That one set me back a while and is still a bitch. I think the 125 will be safer for me on MX tracks, because you pretty much keep them pinned, and I won't even consider trying to jump the big stuff.

So I want to build up this CR for moto, and set my RM250 up for the woods. Plus I've got a set of durelle suspension for the 250, and with an engine setup for the woods, figure it will be a blast on a short track too!

Past Glory likes this.
  7. crashman

crashman Grumpy old man

For the riding you do the CR will be a great bike. The only thing I remember bad about them is that they were pretty mild and down on power so the 144 and a little bit of porting will cure that. No real huge technology advances in suspension between 03 and 07 either so no huge advantage there. If it is a smoking deal I would grab it.