Cr 500 supermoto/roadrace

Discussion in '2-Stroke Machines' started by XRACER510, Aug 13, 2009.

1. kanatuna

kanatuna You can't polish a turd..

I was considering this as well....never did it though. I ran into all of this same conversation. lol

2. ducati7044

ducati7044 Member

I got back from road racing my cr500 at Roebling Road in Georgia and Daytona. I live in MT so the trip was long. I've done some more performance modifications on my bike. Here's whats been done:

Extensive port work
    Falicon crank
    Ty rod
    Remote starter ( you're not kicking over this baby)
    Vortex 10 map ignition (Red line 9500)
    Knology coil
    Hand built Jemco pipe
    Bored Carb
    No air box
    Back cut tranny gears
    Barnett Clutch
    Carbon Fiber Reeds
    16 tooth front sprocket (hand made)
    36 tooth rear sprocket (Rebel Gears made it)
    Cut Down Radiator shrouds
    Buell Fly Screen
    Hand Made Seat
    And some truly secret head mods which smooths out the vibes!

Results:
    79 rear wheel horsepower
    Speed trapped at 132 mph @ Daytona (passed sv 650's and Ducati 900's on the banking at Daytona)
    Led every lap at Georgia against a multi time national champ on a factory prepped KTM 660
    Was winning @ Daytona until bad vibration caused me to pull in. Upper motor mount came loose. DAMN!

Even with all these mods my bike is truly reliable. A lot of this though depends on how you ride the bike. Coasting kills two strokes. Hold the throttle on until the last minute. Than slowly get on the gas prior to the apex of the turn. More gas means more lubricating! Lubrication saves motors. I never run anything less than 110 octane and I always mix it 20:1

Attached Files:

3. KrooklynSV

KrooklynSV Usual Suspect

^ That is one serious machine. Sorry about the DNF, but you'll get those diesels next time!

4. chanante

chanante New Member

hi guys, this an interesting post

I also have a highly tunned cr 500 still with the old steel frame. I am thinking about putting this engine (70 hp at the rear) in a CRF or CR 250 2004 frame

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

5. chuck1234

chuck1234 Well-Known Member

what i would tell you to do is get an older trx250r motor (counter balanced) and get an esr 440 (i think) pv kit and put that in the cr500 with a 4mm stroker it would be a little over 500cc but would vibe near as bad

6. erichsoncycles

erichsoncycles Well-Known Member

here is a better Idea .. take a RZ 350 motor put in a Aprillia RS250 roller. before you install the RZ have it send to TSS http://www.twostrokeshop.com/
    have them build you a REAL 2stroke motor.. install , ride it like a young Mamola..