1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Covid19 PSA

Discussion in 'General' started by R Acree, Mar 10, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. pickled egg

pickled egg There is no “try”

It’s for your own good. You’re not smart enough to protect yourself.

2. Yzasserina

Yzasserina sound it out

Sadly, no. Looks like it is proprietary to PA, and I am just a layperson looking it up, it is available to the public. There is a desktop version and a mobile version...maybe you were on your phone?
    Anyway, I was curious when they first launched it on April 9 whether it was a nationwide type of thing because I have particular interest in a couple of other states, and no. That's a shame, because I find it very informative, transparent and therefore, reassuring to the general populace to spell out exactly what the capacities are county by county in terms of hospital beds, ICU beds, ventilators and so on. I took a quick look at Ohio's CV page and also Georgia's...ahm...well, I would be frustrated, particularly in GA.

3. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Yeah, their reporting sucks ass. News says they're testing tens of thousands, DOH site is reporting maybe 10% of that. I truly think the head of the DOH is actively suppressing any remotely good news.

cav115 likes this.
  4. G 97

G 97 Garth

5. cav115

cav115 Well-Known Member

Being a busines owner, I understand and am sorry for your losses, business and personal.

Question: Are you saying they did not give a diagnosis for eight people?

6. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

7. tzrider

tzrider CZrider

8. Fonda Dix

Fonda Dix Well-Known Member

9. Funkm05

Funkm05 Dork

THIS is what makes the lockdown pointless?? :Poke:

10. Yzasserina

Yzasserina sound it out

PA update. 1,146 new cases represent 5th and 3rd consecutive days current delta is below applicable trailing 3 and 7 days' average deltas, respectively. Positive growth rate of 4.74% lowest observed.

upload_2020-4-14_15-16-10.png

upload_2020-4-14_15-16-43.png

rd400racer and Montoya like this.
  11. tzrider

tzrider CZrider

The daily positive average is now just a hair below 30%.

Oh, and I told a fib yesterday. The cumulative average will keep climbing even if the daily average starts lowering. It needs to lower below the cumulative average to start affecting it.

12. sheepofblue

sheepofblue Well-Known Member

So is pot and spray bombs from what I hear. Got to protect the stoners and huffers, Democrat voters.

tony 340 likes this.
  13. HPPT

HPPT !!!

14. tony 340

tony 340 Well-Known Member

Our dispensary stores are still open. In the name of health and safety of course.

15. tony 340

tony 340 Well-Known Member

Thanks for your valuable insight Dr. Pickled Egg Ph.D

You should apply for Dr. Faucis job.

Wise beyond measure.

16. Yzasserina

Yzasserina sound it out

Have you any particular interest in what is going on in PA?

17. tzrider

tzrider CZrider

Not for PA in particular, I just appreciate you coming with the numbers and crunching them. The same scenario will happen just about everywhere at different time and different levels.

Like Mongo enjoys hammering, the testing rate doesn't reveal much but that % positive is a good indicator of the virus spreading.

I'd be curious to see the daily progression for all states to see how they fare & compare.

18. Inst Tech

Inst Tech ain't no half steppin

there is no evidence that the virus now plaguing the world was engineered; scientists largely agree it came from animals. But that is not the same as saying it didn’t come from the lab, which spent years testing bat coronaviruses in animals

I'm leaning more towards this instead of the wet market origination.

19. Yzasserina

Yzasserina sound it out

OK. Of course you are welcome to interpret the data any way you wish, but I am fairly certain Mongo did not say that (nevermind enjoys) and I categorically do not agree with your assertion that the ratio of positive tests to total tests is persuasively indicative of one thing vs. another; if anything, it is possibly indicative of behavior and learning, and not of the spread of the virus. You seem an amiable enough fellow, but I'm not so sure that mathematics, statistics and interpreting data are your strong suits.

Spang308 likes this.
  20. David-imoddavid

David-imoddavid Well-Known Member

Inst Tech

Could be both. I suspect employee(s) did not cremate test animals at the lab and sold them at the wet market - they are poor

tl1098 likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.