1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Covid19 PSA

Discussion in 'General' started by R Acree, Mar 10, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RRP

RRP Kinda Superbikey

Finally, something worth responding to...

Maybe I can get those flatslides back for free, the question is do is still have your address...

:D

2. ljuice26

ljuice26 Well-Known Member

No Agenda here. Just pointing out the fact that we arent testing to the level of other countries. Thats a fact.

baconologist likes this.
  3. Funkm05

Funkm05 Dork

I would argue that we can be confident they’re not.

4. crashman

crashman Grumpy old man

You might just get a +P hollowpoint for your trouble.:Poke:

That or I might feed you beer and make you help me get the other bike up and running...:D

RRP likes this.
  5. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

You have no idea how jealous I am :crackup:

6. Perhaps my "essentially" was taken out of context. Yes, it has been longer than that.

But if you look at the numbers over the last week, it has grown substantially daily. As more people have been infected, there are more carriers; of course everyone doesn't get sick...but with more people having it in total, you will ultimately get more sick ones.

If you look at how many people actually don't get sick (so will likely never be tested) vs how many confirmed cases they are, it is scary to think how many people are actually carrying (and spreading) the virus. Those numbers will never be known. But if only 2-3 people out of every 10 actually get sick enough to go to the hospital and get tested, and we have 3000+ confirmed cases, it is scary to think how many people actually have it.

That's why I said what I did in the other thread. This virus actually isn't lethal enough. Ebola had a much shorter incubation period, within a few days you were fucked up. Ebola also had a very short half-life and couldn't live on inanimate objects as long as Covid-19.

When you figure this virus can live for hours on inanimate objects, rarely actually kills the host, and a lot of the times doesn't even make the host sick...and can be transferred while the host asymptomatic, when it comes to being able to spread itself to as many people as possible, we might be looking at the perfect virus.

7. eggfooyoung

eggfooyoung You no eat more!

Post #591...

8. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

I think that was just a good excuse to build some more housing for the training center - like they did with Tech and the Olympics.

9. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

:crackup:

10. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

What an absolute crock of shit. It is entirely based off of bad info since there is still not remotely enough testing to figure out how many people truly have this stuff.

11. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

We're going to have WAY more than a doubling if they get more tests rolled out.

Why in the world are all of you thinking the only people who have it are those who have been tested and confirmed by the CDC to have tested positive? It make a lot more sense based on the actual information to assume there are a ton of people out there with it who have had minor symptoms and are getting over it. They won't even test someone unless they're basically needing a hospital.

Gorilla George likes this.
  12. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

One has nothing remotely to do with the other.

13. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Haven't seen that at all. I have seen and said that the numbers are utter bullshit when people start going on about how dangerous it is due to mortality rates because until you know the true number of infected you can't calculate an accurate mortality rate.

It's the flu. Not worse than H1N1 and possibly not worse than seasonal. Not everyone has the cash reserves you do and yeah, losing money for a bullshit panic is something to get pissed about.

People deal with dying parents all the time. The countries on lockdown are also in panic mode and that is what people are really bitching about. It's stupid and insane. It is an overreaction to bad data and media hype.

Yep. Just like the regular flu every single year.

spoon32, 418 and baconologist like this.
  14. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Exactly. Which is also exactly why the panic is stupid. Common sense measures sure, don't go to sporting events if you're over 60-70 or have health issues. Everyone else just wash your damn hands more and stay home if you feel like crap. The cancelling of everything and freaking our and limiting gathering sizes and martial law is all pure and utter bullshit.

MikeR, spoon32 and 418 like this.
  15. Motofun352

Motofun352 Well-Known Member

Is CV-19 a hoax?...no. It isn't the end of the world either. It's just one of a million different virus strains. Is this type of response what we're going to go through every year from now on? Maybe the best that will come out of it is a better sense of personal hygene and maybe they will clean the airplanes better but I doubt it. So, I call BS on this hysteria. The only thing on the news is CV-19, meanwhile the Chinese, the Russians, the NoK's and the Iranians are up to their usual tricks while we are washing our hands raw. :Poke:

418 and Once a Wanker.. like this.
  16. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Eh, never worried about planes. Less issues with that than norovirus on cruise ships. :D

17. pickled egg

pickled egg There is no “try”

Aaaaand...when the widespread testing becomes commonplace here and we discover this unbeknownst trove of C-19+ people, will our fatality rate;

Increase

Or

Decrease?

It’s a disease. It’s virulent. It’s deadly to the infirm.

Just like seasonal flu.

Just like H1N1.

We didn’t try to stop the earth turning on its axis or implement martial law over H1N1, and doing so over C-19 will not decrease the infection rate or fatality rate.

18. pickled egg

pickled egg There is no “try”

That’s cuz no one eats the shit they serve on airplanes ;)

Once a Wanker.. likes this.
  19. crashman

crashman Grumpy old man

I think that it is almost impossible to believe that this is a hoax and it makes sense to take precautions. Rescheduling large events is not a bad thing. I think where alot of people have issues is how the media is inciting panic and all of the stupid motherfuckers that are doing their last minute hoarding and emptying every shelf in every supermarket. Right now the panic and hoarding are causing more of a problem than the virus itself. Stay away from crowds so the first thing those idiots did was jam themselves nose to tail in supermarkets...

We are now having to go thru screening both to and from Prudhoe Bay. As of right now it is just some questions, temporal scanner and making sure there are no visual signs. They started with "any cough" and promptly realized that 50% of their workforce is smokers that cough all year round so they backed off on that. :crackup:One of my field guys is probably going to get trapped in Norway because airports and ports are being shut down on Monday and he will not be able to get off the rig in time. That being said, there are way worse places to be trapped than Norway. I just hope airports are not shut a week from now because there are way better places to be trapped than Prudhoe Bay. Like almost anywhere except the stan and geria countries.

Once a Wanker.. likes this.
  20. crashman

crashman Grumpy old man

I have always wiped down my area on planes. Primarily because alot of people are slobs and they disgust me...

Strangely this social distancing thing is not much of a challenge for me. I do not like it when people get within 6 feet of me during a normal conversation, let alone now.

Phl218 likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.