1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Covid19 PSA

Discussion in 'General' started by R Acree, Mar 10, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TXFZ1

TXFZ1 Well-Known Member

Quoting for reference, it is gonna be interesting for the next two weeks. Hope for the best but plan for the worst.

2. Fonda Dix

Fonda Dix Well-Known Member

I just tried and cant find the meme. Wanna help? My search terms are not working.

Its going to be thousands of deaths, tens of thousands of newly diagnosed cases, and multi-millions of job losses.

3. Yzasserina

Yzasserina sound it out

PA update.

upload_2020-4-5_13-31-9.png

Attached Files:

4. HPPT

HPPT !!!

Just curious: how is it you know how to attach a spreadsheet but you couldn't attach a photo a couple of days ago?

Sabre699 and R Acree like this.
  5. Yzasserina

Yzasserina sound it out

It's weird, because that's not a spreadsheet, it is a picture of part of a spreadsheet. I am special. :crackup: P.S. Looks like PA may be starting to crest...in the "first" areas, still getting to saturation point in others...

6. tzrider

tzrider CZrider

LOL. Quite evidently.

BTW, it's no wonder you see a violent revolution being eminent... :D

7. pickled egg

pickled egg There is no “try”

Imminent.

Idtio.

:Poke:

Gorilla George likes this.
  8. Fonda Dix

Fonda Dix Well-Known Member

ugh. This sucks.

I don’t mind being crazy, manic, or wildly misinformed. However, I really don’t like being a dick. I apologize.

I’m struggling man. I don’t have the tools to deal with all this well. Too many people I love suffering financial ruin, too many of my cadets with their lives on hold, and too many of my people cowering in fear. I’m a fixer and I can’t fix shit.
    This coupled with what I see as rampant tyranny is just a bit much. No different than what anybody else is dealing with though. I just need to find some better coping mechanisms because being a prick is not a winning strategy.

MachineR1, OGs750, cBJr and 6 others like this.
  9. pickled egg

pickled egg There is no “try”

I beg to differ... :D

scottn, Gorilla George and sdg like this.
  10. Inst Tech

Inst Tech ain't no half steppin

They aren't eating bats, rats, and dogs because they are poor. They're eating them because that is the culture. When you see a child being recorded on an iPhone eating a penis from a bull, you can bet that they could've traded that iPhone for a few cups of rice. It's not because they have to, it's because they want to.

11. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

^True story

They eat all that weird shit because it's part of TCM. It's not just the poor people eating that stuff.

12. HPPT

HPPT !!!

:stupid: There are people in the US who eat testicles or squirrels by choice. Don't be so quick to point fingers at China.

13. In Your Corner

In Your Corner Dungeonesque Crab AI Version

Prove it. Correlation isn't causation.

I want to see the proof, not your opinion.
    None of the projections of mortality have been anywhere close to correct.

14. motion

motion Nihilistic Member

Dude, turn off the computer. Go outside. Come back in a few days.

MachineR1 and Fonda Dix like this.
  15. In Your Corner

So, that number you want to doubt but you just take the virus death "guesses" as fact?

16. In Your Corner

17. baconologist

baconologist Well-Known Member

18. R1Racer99

R1Racer99 Well-Known Member

Do those numbers take into account that all of us unemployed are being paid not to work? Again, I’m not a fan of stimulus packages but for the sake of this argument, why kill yourself just because you’re not working if you can still pay your bills?

19. R1Racer99

R1Racer99 Well-Known Member

Can you explain how life is never going to be the same again?

20. In Your Corner

Massive, long-term unemployment for tens of millions of people.
    Lots of small businesses you used to patronize will be gone forever.
    Any business that relies on people gathering like bars or theatres will be out of business, people are scared to death to gather anywhere.
    Forget concerts, fairs, parades, open houses, pretty much celebrations or gatherings of any kind.
    There will be a new, large, permanent underclass living on the dole.
    Crime will increase. Murders will increase. Wife beating will increase. Violence against children will increase.
    Homelessness will increase. Divorce will skyrocket. Suicides will skyrocket. Bankruptcies will skyrocket.
    The suddenly poor will turn in their pets to the shelters by the millions. Most will be euthanized because there will be few adopters.
    Your dollar is being eroded every day as the Fed cranks out money to hand out so, high inflation, possibly hyperinflation.
    Shortages of things that are impossible to predict right now.
    No place to shop but Amazon, Walmart, and a few other mega-corporations.
    A tax base depleted of businesses that cities and towns rely on to support various programs.
    Fewer doctors and hospitals to choose from.
    And who knows what will happen with the schools? Will people send their precious children back to school to catch the virus?
    And what about colleges? I would expect some of the small ones to tank.
    And all of the "stimulus" money will just serve to drag out the pain as it always does.
    We will have set fire to a pile of money (estimated at well over $6 trillion at this point) which will have to be replaced by taxpayers.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.