Covid19 PSA

Discussion in 'General' started by R Acree, Mar 10, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. HPPT

HPPT !!!

Beautiful. Just beautiful. :)

2. Gecko

Gecko Well-Known Member

Well, maybe you should have planned better, or chosen a different line of work.
    I actually don't mean that, but your (as well as others) responses are no less harsh. Only the strongest survive, right? NYC peeps should have moved, right? Choices, right?

scottn likes this.
  3. ScottyRock155

ScottyRock155 A T-Rex going RAWR!

WERA in a nutshell. :D

4. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Ha! Had no clue this was you (but new it had to be someone from that era) and it has been a long long long time. Hope you guys are doing well up there and the boss says hi and she misses you. The Kevin and the number finally clicked :crackup:

5. Is that a game based on the Netflix show with Superman in it?

Or is the Netflix show based on the game?

Or neither?

6. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

I was literally laughing when reading it and then had to read it to Evelyne as well :crackup:

7. lopitt85

lopitt85 Well-Known Member

Not 100% agreement. Lol. There are some things that I agree with on both sides of the aisle...because to me, logic dictates that I do.

G 97 likes this.
  8. ScottyRock155

ScottyRock155 A T-Rex going RAWR!

Books came first, then a series of games, then the show. In the Witcher universe, the games take place chronologically after the books/show.

Gorilla George likes this.
  9. G 97

G 97 Garth

The daily special. :crackup:

10. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

I think that a half dozen times or more every year but I live with my choices and if this all implodes due to my decisions or Evelynes then so be it. This would be implosion due to others decisions, that isn't acceptable.

11. Jed

Jed mellifluous

I'm thinking there will be lots of vacation properties up for sale before too long. The 30A strip has banned rental for now. Lot's of the owners are speculators who rely on the rents to pay the mortgage. I see a fire sale coming up.

12. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

First were the books which are good (now read that fast and yes pun intended) by a Polish author, then video game, then show.

13. baconologist

baconologist Well-Known Member

thank you!
    Thats so much better put than the rage I deleted

Fonda Dix likes this.
  14. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

And I had no idea the Witcher was Superman until I hit IMDB one day.

15. Rdrace42

Rdrace42 Almost Cheddar

I figured you would have caught the smart ass attitude (only surpassed by your own). Not 'you guys' anymore. Living the single life unfortunately. Considering how important she (and you to a lesser degree) was in my earlier life, I feel like a crappy person for not keeping in touch. Always think about you guys. I think the last time I saw her was at the show in Chicago. Man...I suck as a human. Really truly though, my heart goes out to you both. And tell her I"ll always have nothing but love for her, and tolerance for you. :p

16. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Meh, it's the racing life, people fade in and out but you don't forget them and they're still family no matter what. Sorry things didn't work out on your end but hope it's all for the best.

17. lopitt85

lopitt85 Well-Known Member

I think it would be really hard to predict because a lot of times the answer will be" it depends".

If social distancing works the # of cases and # of deaths will be more spread out. This will also help the total# of deaths be lower because the health system will be able to provide a higher level of care to more people, thus saving more of the "savable" lives because the health system wasn't overwhelmed.

If everyone gets sick all at once, then triage will have to be used. Meaning the people with the highest chance for survivability will be prioritized for treatment. Many people who could normally be saved won't be, because they won't be prioritized for treatment. Example: the 102 year old Italian lady. If the system was being overwhelmed her ventilator would have went to a 40 year old who needed and she would've died. So deaths would be higher during a massive outbreak because some of the savable lives wouldn't get the treatment needed because the resources aren't available.

Last edited: Apr 2, 2020
    Dan Dubeau likes this.
  18. dsapsis

dsapsis El Jefe de los Monos

And we have a winner to the daily unintentional pun of the day competition (well, it is early).
    Everyone out there who is doing well and financially solid can step up (or not). Now is a good time for charity. It's always good for those fortunate to help those less; there are a lot of of the less right now, is all. I have a crapton of food at home and I like to cook, and even I am using local vendors and kicking in support tips through the system. Added benefit: less time to argue on the internet.
    because stuff like this isn't attractive bait.
    But this is. I'd say we don't know is a pretty good answer.
    https://www.nature.com/articles/d41586-020-00974-w#ref-CR1

Anyone want to talk about beer? I am thinking of starting a beer thread launching off on Mexican lagers...I love (some) Mexican Lagers.

19. Personally, I agree. I do think measures needed to be taken, but I think a good “middle ground” is somewhere between the way things used to be, and how things are now.

Cancelling huge sporting events (including races of all kinds, unfortunately), concerts, and church gatherings, so on and so forth, emphasizing the good hygiene and the use of sanitizer, promoting social distancing, etc...all of those are good, if not necessary steps IMO.

But shutting down EVERYTHING, stopping traffic on the interstates to eliminate out-of-state visitors, putting curfews in place (as if the virus gives a shit what time it is) etc...no, I don’t think that was the way to go.

In my opinion, I think things like that should be left up to the individuals, and business owners. Not dictated by the govt.

If people choose to stay home, good for them. If businesses choose to stay open, that’s fine.

Sure, emphasize stricter guidelines for cleanliness and sanitizing all the tables/chairs/door knobs/condiment bottles/etc. When possible, give employees the option to work from home. But let people/businesses make that decision for themselves.

IMO, I think it was possible to find a balance between minimizing exposure to as many people as possible, without ruining the economy. And they missed that mark.

20. G 97

G 97 Garth

91A495BC-FC72-4A31-A64D-6283D85191B8.jpeg

Gorilla George likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.