1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Covid19 PSA

Discussion in 'General' started by R Acree, Mar 10, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

No shit it's not done. Duh.

BTW using the CDC numbers for all flu related deaths we had something like 1300 die from all those viruses last week.... Could be as high as 2600 per week like in 2017-2018 but it didn't see close to that prior to the covid stuff.

Those aren't moment in time numbers, they're averages. The reality is February of 2018 saw the vast majority of the 808,000 hospitalizations and the 62,000 deaths. So at that moment in time the flu was more deadly that month than covid has been total worldwide for three months. Perspective is important.

cav115 likes this.
  2. motion

motion Nihilistic Member

And this is just getting started, without any known conclusion. The flu is winding down, predictably. I can't comprehend why people insist on comparing the 2 and minimizing covid-19 without the benefit of knowing, as a fact, where it will stop.

I can guarantee you that 1000 people did not die of the flu in Italy yesterday.

Monsterdood and Gorilla George like this.
  3. Newsshooter

Newsshooter Well-Known Member

I'd guess most are full, I know where my wife works they only have two rooms out of 10 in her ICU that are designed to vent differently for isolation purposes. Seems like if you're building a new ICU you make them all that way and use that feature as needed.

4. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

5. flyingfun

flyingfun Member

A major PSA

6. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

See this is the utter bullshit that is annoying. Comparisons to the flu only minimize covid if you're too stupid to understand just how dangerous the flu is. Now pay attention and maybe you'll get it - between October 1, 2017 and April 30, 2018 there were 808,000 people who had to be put in the hospital for flu and flu type viruses. During that same time 62,000 people died. Dead. Gone. That isn't minimizing shit. Covid is bad. It is dangerous. But there are a lot of other just as if not more dangerous things out there.

cav115 likes this.
  7. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

8. Fonda Dix

Fonda Dix Well-Known Member

ok thank you. It was not computing for me.

9. G 97

G 97 Garth

And?

Last edited: Mar 27, 2020
  10. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

This whole panic is definitely showcasing a need for certain things including more hospital rooms. I still wonder why things like that aren't used for the other deadly viruses we see every year. That whole part is weird to me.

11. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

The ban on videos hasn't changed....

12. Venom51

Venom51 John Deere Equipment Expert - Not really

Good news... you only have to be able to tread water for a few minutes to survive that situation. At about 1:51 pm you can swim out of the top of the stadium. Just don't drop your car keys. Swimming to the bottom to get them will likely kill you.

13. motion

motion Nihilistic Member

You're obviously only reading some posts and drawing your own conclusions.

Several people here are saying this will turn out to be less dangerous than the flu when all is said and done.

14. Bugslayer

Bugslayer Well-Known Member

What is your product, if I can ask?

15. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

No one has said will, many have said could - and with the current numbers that is a possibility. The only thing we know for sure is we have no idea.

cav115 likes this.
  16. lizard84

lizard84 My “fuck it” list is lengthy

I’m not certain if all the isolation rooms are full, some are occupied for other infectious reasons, but based on the history of this outbreaks spread we are selecting COVID-19 treatment areas, converting the space and funneling the load there. We’re choosing not to risk transporting COVID-19 patients to floors not currently slated for COVID-19 just to use an available iso room.

17. G 97

G 97 Garth

18. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

So it's more the better safe than sorry thing at this point. Makes sense to be prepared, especially in FL.

Thanks for the info.

cav115 likes this.
  19. auminer

auminer Renaissance Redneck

That's not an exceptionally high bar to clear! :crackup:

Gorilla George likes this.
  20. G 97

G 97 Garth

And yet you are unable.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.