Covid-19 pros and cons

Discussion in 'General' started by eggfooyoung, Mar 17, 2020.

1. TurboBlew

TurboBlew Registers Abusers

you wanted to be free to ride your machine and not be hassled by the man...maaan

2. Repeater

Repeater USCGRR

I couldn't stop watching that video. Do they hand out extended swing arms and leather vests at the dealership? Total riot.

Phl218 and TurboBlew like this.
  3. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

Pro: instagram models and shitty hollywood actors are going to be out of work for a little while :D

Phl218 likes this.
  4. intrcptrrdr

intrcptrrdr Well-Known Member

Obviously the issues that are printed on glossy stock are out of the question for use. Only the really old ones printed on newspaper stock and don't forget to remove the staples.

Pros: More time to fiddle around with motorbikes.
    Cons: Less opportunity to ride them.

5. james weaver

james weaver Well-Known Member

just bought new bars for one of the bikes,then got sad cause i cant ride with local leos looking for something to do. small town leos not much happening, bike a little louder than i even like. can`t afford a new muffler right now. po folk problem

6. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

Briefly mentioned it up there but it's worth repeating. Times of crisis like this uncover who REALLY matters in this generally vapid and entitled society....

those who matter: healthcare workers, people who make available the food that keeps you alive, people that keep the lights on and the water running, the people who guard the streets while you sleep, etc

those who don't matter: sports ball players, movie "stars", internet celebrities and instagram models

tropicoz, TurboBlew and crashman like this.
  7. BSA43

BSA43 Well-Known Member

Also in the "those who don't matter category:" twitter bloviators, social media influencers

8. K51000

K51000 Well-Known Member

9. HPPT

HPPT !!!

Knotcher likes this.
  10. R Acree

R Acree Banned

And I've mentioned before, make a point of thanking them. Yes they get paid, but they have family that they want to protect. They are placing themselves at higher risk. A lot of them are minimum wage and appreciation costs you nothing.

If you can't manage appreciation, just don't be an ass.

Shocker likes this.
  11. BSA43

BSA43 Well-Known Member

Pro: Now that bank lobbies are closed to the public except by appointment, bank robberies have dropped considerably. :crackup:

12. HPPT

HPPT !!!

They still have those? Seriously?

13. eggfooyoung

eggfooyoung You no eat more!

Uh, yeah...

14. HPPT

HPPT !!!

They have bumped up security over here to a level where it's not really a very lucrative profession anymore. The odds are better with jewelry stores.

15. BSA43

BSA43 Well-Known Member

16. eggfooyoung

Still pretty frequent over here.

17. BSA43

BSA43 Well-Known Member

Yeah, we've seen the videos of the smash-and-grabs using scooters as getaway vehicles.

18. HPPT

HPPT !!!

I mean, you're still here about one on the news every few years (I don't know the stats) but they almost seem like a thing of the past. And even when you hear about them, it's usually a money truck.

edit: ramming ATMs is still a thing, though. I guess when I read that post, I was thinking mostly of walking up to a teller and putting a gun in her face.

19. eggfooyoung

Yeah, still a thing here.

We're kinda set in our ways, ya know?

20. pickled egg

pickled egg There is no “try”

There was some clown in front of me at an inconvenience store yesterday wearing a balaclava.

Mentioned to the clerk how much easier armed robberies would be if wearing masks and balaclavas were more widespread. He laughed that he hadn’t thought of that before...

Bet he’s more skeert of that possibility than getting the beerSARS now. :D

baconologist likes this.