1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

countershaft lock washer 05 gsxr 600??

Discussion in 'Tech' started by D4DR racing, Feb 8, 2007.

1. D4DR racing

D4DR racing Well-Known Member

when changing out my gearing on my 2005 gsxr600 I found that I have a funky lock mech for the counter shaft nut.

rather than the old washer that you bend up to tab against the nut there is a deep set notched washer that is held against the nut by an allen bolt that threads into the end of the counter shaft. here are some pics:
    http://www.bradle.net/shaft

this lock washer has fractured so I went to the dealer to get a replacement. None of the parts guys, techs etc. have ever seen this before (and neither have I for that matter) and it does not show up in the micro fiche or the repair manual.

Anybody seen one of these thing? I'm curious as hell to ding out what it is?

2. GixxerBlade

GixxerBlade Oh geez

I believe that is the speedo sensor but am not 1000% sure.

3. D4DR racing

D4DR racing Well-Known Member

Yup. thats it!! I looked on the fiche and it was there under speedo. guess the boys at the shop I went to need some edumacatin.

Thanks dude.

4. piper907

piper907 Well-Known Member

Yup... I broke em before!
    should be 10 or 12 bucks... or get one from your buddys parts bin since they are the same since 2000 (maybe earlier?)... a dab of locktite and a bit less torqe should work fine.

5. GixxerBlade

GixxerBlade Oh geez

Or don't use it.

6. Heavy-Dee

Heavy-Dee Well-Known Member

Mine broke and fried my speedo sensor. Cheap to replace if you want. I'm going to.

Make sure you use locktite on that countershaft nut. If you buy a new one from RonAyers it will already have it in the threads.

HD