1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

cost of trackday rubber

Discussion in 'Track Days' started by gofasta, Dec 12, 2010.

1. fzr400tony

fzr400tony can't ride

2. fastfreddie

fastfreddie Midnight Oil Garage

if you're not concerned about age, ferracci has left over slicks and rains from his ducati superbike days, $100/set. they worked just fine for me earlier in the decade, in fact, i went faster on 'em. they gotta be 15 years old now. :D
    he may have some leftovers from the recent mv augusta endeavor tho' i'm sure they'd sell for more than $100/set.

3. cMac

cMac Conservatively Libral

I agree I have hooked up with one of the local tire guys and we sell take offs From the Guys he sponsors. The biggest thing is to know where the tires are coming from or at least know someone that has had a experience with your take off supplier. How they are stored heat cycles and a few other factors play a major role in how well the tire will work for you. Ive run take offs in a at an upper advance pace. (not race pace). In my experience if you are truly at an advanced pace you have the ability to know when a tire is letting go and thats where take offs start to reach the limit of usefulness. If you that fast, you have to consider how long you can run a take off. On an abrasive track like Summit Point I was getting 2 days out of a rear (Zx10r with flipping). On Shenandoah ide get 1 day and they were trashed. In my opinion. Unless you have an unlimited supply, a tire machine and balancer, take offs should only be used up to a an mid pack or lower advanced pace. (once again not mid pack race pace). Above that your spending the same money or more on Flipping and swapping that you would for a new set of Endurance R Medium/ Soft F (on a big bike) Medium R soft F (on a 600). The new ones will stick better as well. If your not fast at all dont bother on new youll heat cycle them out before they wear.