1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Cornerspeed @ VIR

Discussion in 'Information For New Racers' started by cowboy600rr, Mar 4, 2011.

1. cowboy600rr

cowboy600rr Well-Known Member

Wondering if anyone has taken the Cornerspeed class at VIR. I'm looking at a few school options and the Cornerspeed class is looking like the best choice. Living in NC I'd like something relatively close as well. Thanks!

2. bodie1331

bodie1331 Well-Known Member

Have never heard anyone complain about it, only praise; though I've never taken it myself.

3. oldmonk

oldmonk Just trying something!

I took their class a couple times, they will do you a fine job. :up:
    Plus VIR is a great place to take a riding class, man I wish I could have made it there this weekend. :(

4. gixxersmitty

gixxersmitty Well-Known Member

I did it and had an awesome time. You'll learn alot because they rotate instructors throughout the day. You'll be grouped with a different instructor every session so you get the opportunity to see different riding styles.

5. HBS Racing

HBS Racing Well-Known Member

cornerspeed is top notch. great group of guys to ride with. the track ain't so bad either

6. NC Jon

NC Jon Can I change my name?

I've never attended any other schools but I learned a lot and thought it was well run.

7. Pakman

Pakman Member

Where can I find the schedule to possibly catch this sometime this season?

8. oldmonk

oldmonk Just trying something!

pretty sure that's east to find. cornerspeed.net
    they have a date late March. Just make sure you use this info to obtain a
    WERA roadracing license!! :beer:

9. phillip doyle

phillip doyle Well-Known Member

10. regularguy

regularguy Always Krispy

You can pay cornerspeed 475 bucks or you can get your license at a WERA regional for 100 bucks. That extra 375 almost covers your transponder.

Last edited: Mar 8, 2011
  11. Pakman

Pakman Member

Thanks guys.. I ended up searching for the cornerspeed website. I'm in Kentucky, and will actually be in vacation in North Carolina about an hour from VIR that weekend. A lot of the local guys talked me to into going to the race weekend at Nashville for the race school.

12. Tdub

Tdub Say what???

Yeh but that license or transponder don't teach too many skills... Tdub