1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Conservatives losing support?

Discussion in 'The Dungeon' started by ductune, Dec 24, 2011.

1. ductune

ductune Well-Known Member

What's going on?
    Newt and Perry fail to get enough signatures to make the Virginia primary???
    Senate moderates getting their way over their fellow conservative republicans in the House on the payroll tax debate???

What do you think?

2. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

So far, there's none that I support.

3. R Acree

R Acree Banned

I think the party elite have chosen their candidate.

4. lee955i

lee955i The Traveling Gnome

Lets face it. The repubs have come up with with a group of the most un-interesting, un charismatic, un trustworthy, business as usual candidates ever. It's so disappointing:(
    Cheers, Lee S.

5. XFBO

XFBO Well-Known Member

^^ At least finish your statement with whom you would have preferred?

6. R Acree

R Acree Banned

What does it matter?

7. XFBO

XFBO Well-Known Member

When someone makes a statement like that I usually like to see what wave length they're operating on, sharing their preference would enable me to decide if we're on the same page or not.....that's all, no hidden agendas.

8. Flex Axlerod

Flex Axlerod Banned

The party wants Mittens so that is what we will get. Democracy is dead.

9. evakat

evakat Well-Known Member

Get ready for 4 more years of a Dem White House...

10. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Oh, I already am. Stupid Republican party could f@ck up a peanut butter and jelly sandwich.

11. XFBO

XFBO Well-Known Member

Before the Fast & Furious fiasco amongst other things I would have said absolutely but I don't know anymore.....Let's hope not.

12. Orvis

Orvis Well-Known Member

The first thought that I had is, what the fuck are the criteria that VA has set in order to get on the ballot? The best that I remember is that non of the candidates are all that far apart. Perry, Bachmann, and Santorum are bringing up the rear, but Gingrich? Did his support completely collapse overnight?

13. Orvis

Orvis Well-Known Member

As if we didn't already have problems with the conservative side of the issue, now the Donald has announced that he's abandoning the Republican party, (for the second or third time) and is considering running for a third party. He claims to want to get Obama out of office with whatever means are necessary yet he seems to intend to run independently which will help assure Obama's second term.

14. panthercity

panthercity Thread Killa

They usin' that tainted peanut butter?

15. panthercity

panthercity Thread Killa

Minimum of 10k signatures of registered voters. At least 400 from each of the 11 districts.

Looks like those two campaigns screwed up big time.

16. Johnny B

Johnny B Cone Rights Activist

Linky :)

17. Suburbanrancher

Suburbanrancher Chillzilla

+1.

I'm starting to think the talented ones are too smart to want the job...

18. ringdingding

ringdingding TWO-STROKE MILITIA

If that is suppose to be a serious piece of journalism, we have bigger problems than Newt as Prez.

19. Johnny B

Johnny B Cone Rights Activist

Yes, very serious. While you're at it, ponder this. :)
    (There's that damn smiley again!)

20. Vanzan

Vanzan Active Member

This failure to get on the ballet was for the primary.

From what I understand (which could be in error), the convention delegates from Virginia and a couple of other states are insignificant numbers compared to some other states. I believe those campaigns with limited funds would pick and choose which states they need to focus time/expense in to gain the most delegate votes at the party convention.

Politics is a business, after all...which is ultimately our number 1 problem (still a better system than most...if not all...other countries).

Ironic that a candidate must budget his funds all the way up until he/she gets elected...then its spend, spend, spend some more.