1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Confused... Need some help

Discussion in 'Information For New Racers' started by dubguy85, Apr 26, 2011.

1. dubguy85

dubguy85 Well-Known Member

I was planning on running grattan this weekend up in Michigan, but weather looks like crap...

Looked at the wera schedule and wanted to get my license anyway, so thought I could swing by Nelson...

SO...

I haven't signed up or paid for wera and I found the form online, but don't think I can get it signed and turned in by Saturday.. Can I bring it there?

How much is the racer School?

I can't get on MAPS because I don't have a wera ID.. So how since its so close to the event am I screwed? I can't race on sunday, so can I wait to do gingerman or grattan later and use that as my race weekend?

I just want to go and see what wera is all about and take the school and mock race...

Sorry for the noob ?'s

2. natedogg624

natedogg624 Well-Known Member

racer school is 100.

membership fees for the year are 110?

trasnponder rental is 60 unless you have one already - although i am not 100% that you need this for the rs.

you can wait til gingerman/grattan for your first race if you want, doesn't matter.

i'm fairly certain you can register for wera membership at the track. i seem to remember some people doing that last time i was at registration. seemed like a lot of things with wera you could just show up and get taken care of without a lot of hassle the week/month prior such as the case sometimes with securing a trackday spot.

redkow97 is going too, as well as sjc and myself. hope to see you there

3. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

You can go take the riders school at Nelson Saturday and do all the paperwork at the track no problem. We're set so anyone can do anything at the track, no need to pre enter anything (although it does save money on entry fees).

As natedogg said, license is $110, school is $100 and you'll be fine not racing Sunday.

4. kanatuna

kanatuna You can't polish a turd..

Do it dubguy!!!!

5. dubguy85

Sweet thanks!! I'm going to try and make it happen. :up:

NICE!! Easy Peasy!!

I'm working on it.. If my buddy Gene gets his bike together I'll be in.. If not, I'm not sure I want to go alone... I'll find someone!

6. dubguy85

ALSO..... Can I get number 330 by any chance? I'm novice riding a 600...

Thanks

7. natedogg624

8. madcat6183

madcat6183 2006 GSXR

Do it dude, even if Gene can't go, just do it. You will regret it if you dont. Grattan is out 100% we both know that, so just roll up to Nelson!!!!

9. hotnail

hotnail Well-Known Member

10. natedogg624

yes i know that.

11. dubguy85

12. dubguy85

Last Question...

I just ordered my yellow number plates from Kruzel, but they won't be here in time for race school. Can I have expert plates and NOT my number for the school?

Also, how much track time do I actually get the 2 sessions we go out on the track? Is it a normal trackday type session, or is it like a parade around the track learning things here and there?

Thanks!

If I can't have my white plates and wrong numbers can I just use duct tape or something?

13. natedogg624

we had the opportunity for three sessions but the last got rained out.

first session was a "this is the track, there are the corner stations" - similar to a novice trackday but a higher pace

second session was a pretty much a go for it session

third session would have been the same but ours got rained out.

i can't comment on the number plates thing, however the gut feeling after reading the rulebook when i started was expert plates would not be acceptable. use some duct tape. just my inclination though, so take it for what it's worth.

edit: if you're just doing the race school, i dont think you'll need to even do the numbers/plates thing yet until you tech for races (you won't go through tech tomorrow). there were guys that didn't have any numbers out for my race school and one even still had some stuff needing wired and kickstand removed. so i guess leave it as is but bring the duct tape...

Last edited: Apr 29, 2011
  14. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

For just the school you'll be fine with whatever is on there. For racing though you'll have to make it yellow.

15. rk97

rk97 Well-Known Member

I have a decent sized piece of yellow vinyl left over from making my number plates.

Definitely not enough for anything fancy, but enough to get you a front plate...

PM me on ORDN.

16. ton

ton Arf!

in a pinch, i've seen yellow duct tape used.