1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

communication system

Discussion in 'WERA National Endurance Series' started by zeroice, Sep 14, 2007.

1. zeroice

zeroice crotchrocketroadracer

What do you use?
    Autocom?
    Spedcom?
    Chatterbox?
    Something else?

I'm looking to purchase a system but not sure what to get. Can anyone make suggestions? Are there any brands or systems that are more moderatly priced? Spending $900 on an Autocom Active Plus 200kit (BTB) seems so much...

Let me know!

Thanks,

2. Ontheedgeprsprt

Ontheedgeprsprt Pumpkin riders

we've tried the moto-comm system with mixed results. It's in the PU catalog. I removed the speakers and wired in speaker ear plugs. The cool thing is that you can use it via cell phone, so it's full duplex

3. zeroice

Good idea. But I don't think my cell phone battery will last over an 1.5 hrs... Plus there is the possibility that the "hang up" button may get pressed. What do you do if the call gets dropped for whatever reason? It also won't work in remote areas. But I see what you're saying.

Anyone try the Nady MRC11X 22channel bike to bike radio? They are quite cheap, $67 each on amazon. Still need to get the close helmet head set though. Anyone have luck with this equipment?

4. Get a hold of Chris Knight, ducatichris on here. He does a lot of stuff that some AMA and some WERA teams use.

5. Ontheedgeprsprt

Ontheedgeprsprt Pumpkin riders

Wire in a cell phone charger to the battery, it'll last forever. We used a flip phone, so the buttons couldn't get pushed. Yeah, if the call gets dropped you're f'd, unless you have an automatic answer feature.

It's not the best system, but it's economical and if you take enough time, I'm sure there's potential for a very adequate comm system.

6. hazbin69

hazbin69 forgot'n crewman

good pitboard

7. G Dawg

G Dawg Broken Member

Um,it's 2007:p
    We use Chris Knight's stuff, from CK communication:up:

8. zeroice

link/url?

9. G Dawg

G Dawg Broken Member