Comcast is Cumcastic

Discussion in 'General' started by pfhenry, May 1, 2024.

1. Woofentino Pugr

Woofentino Pugr Well-Known Member

ESPN is the same way. It MUST be on the basic tier or the cable companies cant get the other networks in their group. The reason ESPN is always on every cable companies basic package.

Funny how everyone says getting streaming packages will be cheaper than cable, but alot of people are finding out it costs more if they watch alot of different channels with all the streaming packages they get.

I'm dumping Spectrums tv package next month. Most the stuff I watch is OTA now. What channels I do watch I can get on Sling for a third of what SPectrum charges. Currently get HBO and Showtime with Spectrum but the stuff on there is just blah now. TV shows on HBO and Showtime? WTF? Movies, when shown, ususally are from 5-10 yrs ago.

Cbale companies need to make ala carte packages. Sports, home shopping, religeous, news, spanish.

pfhenry likes this.
  2. beac83

beac83 "My safeword is bananna"

Sounds like the fee negotiations have reached an impasse.
    Each distributor of programming (a cable company, satellite or streaming service) pays a per-subscriber fee monthly to each program supplier based on a contract they negotiate. Especially for sports, these fees are growing faster than most other costs. Each time the contract expires, they have to negotiate new pricing. The program suppliers want more than the distributors (cable, satellite, streaming, etc) are willing to pay. Eventually they come to an agreement, but brinkmanship usually results in these outages until everyone settles down and agrees.
    The suppliers demands can include which tier they are on (and sometimes which channel), what other programming can or can't be on that tier, and a whole bunch of other conditions. The distributors have a similar set of demands.
    Both parties need each other to be successful. Doesn't make the contest over the negotiations any less epic.

ToofPic and CBRRRRR999 like this.
  3. Dave Wolfe

Dave Wolfe I know nuttin!

Isnt cable dying anyway?

4. beac83

beac83 "My safeword is bananna"

Like broadcast TV and radio, its no longer a license to print money. But not dead yet. People are addicted to the tube.

5. socalrider

socalrider pathetic and rude

Man, I haven't had cable tv for like 8 years.

I pay for MotoGP, and peacock, and prime which gives me prime video.

I used to do MotoGP and WSBK but dropped super bikes because I couldn't see the cost justification.

The end result is you HAVE to sacrifice something. I get CBS over the air via antenna for NFL football games, when the weather is good. When it isn't, I get shafted. But I get Thursday night and Sunday night, and I'll survive.

Supercross and MotoGP are the most important thing personally for me, so it works. Neither the wife nor I watch much actual TV so the sacrifice is not as big of a deal as it is for some others, but I do like not being worried about what I'm missing. I just watch what I want to watch, and ignore the rest of the bull shit. I see some news stories on the TV at the gym, and back when we had the dungeon, I could go there and get my news fix.

Also, I don't miss the dungeon. Happily living with my head in the sand- socal transplant in america.

6. In Your Corner

In Your Corner Dungeonesque Crab AI Version

Just find something better to do with that time.

7. Trainwreck

Trainwreck I could give a heck

I go through this same shit every year just trying to watch British Superbike.

8. pfhenry

pfhenry Well-Known Member

sorry had to do it... new ozempic south park looks hilarious.
    tumblr_muhqi2HqqB1r4gei2o1_400.gif

9. Trainwreck

Trainwreck I could give a heck

10. Mot Okstef

Mot Okstef Living on the Island of Misfit Toys