1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Comcast Channel Guide & DVR

Discussion in 'General' started by Ringer, May 26, 2011.

1. Ringer

Ringer Well-Known Member

I live in SE Pennsylvania and just switched from Verizon Fios to Comcast Xfinity. I'm trying to set up the DVR to record all my racing, but it seems you can't record racing as a series, only individual shows. That sucks! With Fios, I could set F1 Qualifying and F1 Racing as separate series' and they would record whenever they aired. I set everything up once and forgot about it for the season.

Motorcycles were the same way. MotoGP, Moto2, 125's, WSBK and AMA were all listed separately and could all be set to record as individual series. Again, set up the DVR once and forget about it for the season. Comcast only lists "Motorcycle Racing" and doesn't appear to give me the option to record it as a series.

Can I check the schedules every Friday night to see if I need to set the DVR? Of course I can, but sometimes life gets in the way and I forget about racing. That's why I set up my Fios DVR to record each one as a separate series.

Am I missing something on my Comcast DVR? I'm saving a few bucks with Comcast versus Fios, and I now get HBO and Starz, but I'm now wondering if it's worth it.

Anyone know of a better way to set my Comcast DVR? :beer:

2. scotth

scotth Banned

It's not worth it--see if you can go back to FIOS.

Comcast may be the single worst service company on the face of this planet.

3. tito

tito Well-Known Member

no you are not missing anything comcast cable dvr sucks in the scheduling department.

4. burniep

burniep Well-Known Member

same here switched from Dish which as the best DVR to comcast and same issues. It sucks. you can do a search on Motorcycle racing and it will pull up all events but you have to set them individually. And the search only goes so many days out.

5. Razr

Razr Well-Known Member

Comcast must be better here. I can set my dvr about a month ahead. My neighbors with direct and dish loose their signal when a storm rolls through.

6. Putter

Putter Ain't too proud to beg

Comcast hasn't been too bad for me. I set up the DVR on my computer.

7. pefrey

pefrey Well-Known Member

All the TV providers suck for the same reason, they gouge you. That said, you should be able to set your Comcast DVR from any computer or a web enabled phone. You have to create an account or something.