1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Cmp

Discussion in 'General' started by ToddClark, Jun 16, 2002.

1. ToddClark

ToddClark f'n know it all

as a very few of you know, im REALLY new to the race scene, cant make it to as many races as i'd like to due to $$$, but this weekend i'll be headed to CMP for the first time.

Im just curious about the facilities there. Ive heard they have showers but are they "nice" showers, camping amenaties ie: power hookups and if so how much? I'd just like a basic rundown of just how nice the facilities are there.

Thanks in advance. :)

Todd

2. YAM#849

YAM#849 y'all watch this...

I think the place is very nice for camping. I was there for AHRMA last week, and the showers were more free of motorcycle grease than my guest bathroom is after Bike Week. :)

3. B-MAC 878

B-MAC 878 That Guy

Bring a broom, lots of sand;)

4. emeyer

emeyer Well-Known Member

Todd,

I hear it's very sandy!

Ed

5. Ex CCS Racer

Ex CCS Racer Banned

That's not sand..it's powdered water.

6. Guoseph

Guoseph Soil Sampler

Powdered glass ya dummy.

7. Ex CCS Racer

Ex CCS Racer Banned

No, powdered water...just haven't figured out what to add to it:confused:

8. WERA29

WERA29 On a mental field trip...

The bathroom facilities and showers are nice and there are plenty of power hookups, but don't overload them with too much equipment as they tend to blow the breakers pretty easily. :( I've never been charged for power there so I believe it's included with your gate fee. I know that in the past WERA has taken donations for camping/power/etc. since they pay the fee to the track.

And as everyone else has said, it's just like pitting on the beach and you'll get sand in everything. The ants are pretty bad there too so take some bug spray with you to keep them out of your food and trailer.

9. emeyer

emeyer Well-Known Member

Powdered Scotch!