1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

CMP...What should I expect?

Discussion in 'General' started by emeyer, Jun 16, 2002.

1. emeyer

emeyer Well-Known Member

I'm going to be shooting pictures at CMP this coming weekend and was wondering what to expect as far as the facilities are concerned. I've never been there before and will have my wife and daughter with me and "inquireing minds" want to know what it's like. Camping at the track?, showers ?, restrooms? food vendors?, pets?, etc? (Mike, I beat your post!)
    Thanks in advance!

Also, Someone had mentioned taking a picture of a "get well bike" for Papa. I would be proud to take that picture and print it out at the track no charge. Whoever is putting this together, please stop by my booth and we can work out the details or e-mail me this week. I'm leaving for the track Thurs. night and hope to be shooting Fri morning. Maybe a shot of all the racers and everyone at the track standing with the bike to show Papa how much he's loved. This photo could also be sold with all proceeds going to help offset Papa's bills. Let me know! I'd love to do it.

Ed Meyer
    Ed Meyer Photography
    [email protected]

Last edited: Jun 16, 2002
  2. Tracy S

Tracy S Well-Known Member

Pretty cool first half of the track and kinda Mickey Mouse second half ( a bunch of slow 90's). The track surface is pretty smooth.

The facilities are sparse, but clean. Yes you can camp. Yes they have showers. Food at the track is pretty good. Pets are ok. The pits are very sandy so be prepared for sand to get into everything you own.

3. Shane417

Shane417 I Need A Job!!!!

Are you going to be shooting Sat and Sun?

4. emeyer

emeyer Well-Known Member

Thanks Tracy!

And yes, I'll be shooting all weekend (Fri, Sat & Sun). I'm shooting digital so I'll be shooting and printing at the track all weekend so you can see your pictures and have them too. Look for my canopy with the "Meyer Photography" banner and stop in and say hello. If you don't have time to stop by my booth, everything I shoot will be on my web site the following week.
    I'm going to do my very best to shoot ALL the races so I'll pictures of everyone.

Ed

5. wera 688

wera 688 in the mosh pit

you should expect sand and little shade.

6. huffdaddy

huffdaddy Well-Known Member

hot sweaty sun sand and the monsoon rain shower. did i say sand?

7. emeyer

emeyer Well-Known Member

I should be OK... My wifes name is Sandy!:rolleyes:

8. WERA29

WERA29 On a mental field trip...

Just make sure when you're cursing the sand she doesn't think you're cursing Sandy! :eek: ;)

9. emeyer

emeyer Well-Known Member

I learned to watch my P's and Q's long ago. The fact that she's a third degree black belt in Tae Kwon Do advanced my learnin. :eek:

Ed

10. 3rddegr6

3rddegr6 Well-Known Member

hey emeyer, I will be there Friday only please try and get a few action shots of me I will definatley buy some I dont have any!!
    thanks
    Russell
    WERA #163- novice. R/B R-6

Oh and your Wife is a 3rddan in TKD eeh? very cool..

That is what I do for a living, teaching Martial Arts.

Last edited: Jun 17, 2002
  11. emeyer

emeyer Well-Known Member

EXTRA incentive to get GREAT photos of you then eh Russell! I think I've just been subtly intimidated.... Just don't kick my arse if you don't like my pictures k or I'll have my wife kick your butt :D What dan are you? ;)

Ed

12. 3rddegr6

lol , not at all .. I am a 3rddan also I have had my own school for about 4 years now. here is a link to our old website b-4 I took over the kingsport location

www.usakarate1.com

13. emeyer

emeyer Well-Known Member

Russell,
    Cool site! Looks like you have a great program there!

Sandy's been involved since 1979 or there abouts and took 1st in forms and 3rd in sparring at nationals way back when. My oldest daughter is a second dan. The Tae Kwon Do family is just like the racing family. VERY COOL and has been great for my family. I would recommend it to ANYONE.

Good luck and I'll see you at the track.

Ed

14. 3rddegr6

thanks for the compliment, Yeah we have an excellent program, sometimes I feel guilty about my career, because it really doesnt even feel like work. see ya at the track..
    Russell
    WERA #163